DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

It is definitely a film you have to be in the mood for and, as you alluded to, it does help having someone to discuss pretentious theories with.

Heading to see Inception and Toy Story 3 tomorrow, can't wait!

• Paid Members

just been to see Toy Story 3...Pixar does it again, fun movie, has kind of a similar theme as the 2nd one with Andy outgrowing the toys and the middle portion dragged a little, but the last half hour won it back, great stuff, and yep, i had a tear in my eye :)

• Paid Members

Toy Story 3 is quite probably the best one of the series and may even replace Back To The Future as my favourite trilogy of all time.

Inception is great too, which is coming from someone who isn't a big Nolan fan, but the ending did annoy me a little bit.

• Paid Members

Just back from a friends house and I've been given a few DVDs to keep me going over the next week or so. I'm gonna try and watch one of 'em before bed.

Lesbian Vampire Killers (seriously?!)

Rock N Rolla

Killshot

Coraline

Thick as Thieves

Sherlock Holmes

Anyone recommend any one of the above to watch tonight?

• Paid Members
Just back from a friends house and I've been given a few DVDs to keep me going over the next week or so. I'm gonna try and watch one of 'em before bed.

Rock N Rolla

Killshot

Coraline

Thick as Thieves

Sherlock Holmes

Keep Coraline and Killshot. Burn the rest.

• Paid Members

Rock N Rolla

Killshot

Coraline

Thick as Thieves

Sherlock Holmes

Seen as it's late, I'd go with 300, you can turn your brain off and sit back and enjoy the bloodyness. I remember it being quite short too.

Rock N Rolla

Killshot

Coraline

Thick as Thieves

Sherlock Holmes

Coraline followed by Coraline

Rock N Rolla isn't bad.

just been to see Toy Story 3...Pixar does it again, fun movie, has kind of a similar theme as the 2nd one with Andy outgrowing the toys and the middle portion dragged a little, but the last half hour won it back, great stuff, and yep, i had a tear in my eye :)

I absolutely loved this film. I still consider myself fairly young and I'm essentially at the end of my childhood and at the same stage of life as Andy, where I'm heading off to Uni and will probably say farewell to certain aspects of this. I had a tear in my eye at several points in the film, brilliantly done by Pixar so it's going to be a fun film for children but there's another level there for older people, and I'll be going to see it again.

• Paid Members

Watched a couple of films on Sky movies just flicking through. Saw American Pie presents The Book Of Love which is another "spin off" the American Pie series. it was alright for passing an hour and a half. The gags were repetative and the guy who play's Stiffler's little brother is shit but the whole thing wasn't bad. The girl who played Ruby in Eastenders was in it, she was OK. It was probably a 5/10.

Last night, I saw Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist on Sky Indie. This was pretty good. The soundtrack was ace and the New york backdrop was filmed beautifully throughout. Some of the shot of New York traffic were as sweet as. If you can get past the fact that two girls want to pull Michael Cera, it's a good film. It's a modern rom-com that feels fresh despite the concept being a million years old. It's all set in one fun filled night as two strangers come together and hit it off but face obstacles in the way of his ex-girlfriend and her fuck buddy and her best friend. I really anjoyed it, 8/10.

Watched a couple of films on Sky movies just flicking through. Saw American Pie presents The Book Of Love which is another "spin off" the American Pie series. it was alright for passing an hour and a half. The gags were repetative and the guy who play's Stiffler's little brother is shit but the whole thing wasn't bad. The girl who played Ruby in Eastenders was in it, she was OK. It was probably a 5/10.

Any tits in it? I think I've watched a couple of the American Pie spin-offs, but not this one.

Last night, I saw Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist on Sky Indie. This was pretty good. The soundtrack was ace and the New york backdrop was filmed beautifully throughout. Some of the shot of New York traffic were as sweet as. If you can get past the fact that two girls want to pull Michael Cera, it's a good film. It's a modern rom-com that feels fresh despite the concept being a million years old. It's all set in one fun filled night as two strangers come together and hit it off but face obstacles in the way of his ex-girlfriend and her fuck buddy and her best friend. I really anjoyed it, 8/10.

I'll seek this out. I've avoided it so far despite liking Michael Cera, because it struck me as very indie film and very teeny.

• Paid Members

Mr. Seven was the first to pimp Nick and Norah... on here. Then I bought it on that basis and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but that may be because I'm a big sissy girl. TripleA said something similar (albeit slightly less fruity) and he's probably touching boob as we speak, so who knows? Then someone on here who I like said they thought it was rubbish. Possibly d-d-d-daz?

I'm a huge sucker for anything set in a 24 hour city where you can meet in a caf