DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Lollilove - Fucking magic. Naturally Jenna Fischer and James Gunn have fantastic chemistry together due to being married at the time, but such a great piece of work. Absolutely note perfect in terms of production values, and just littered with gags from start to finish. Only an hour or so, but I can't recommend it enough.

• Paid Members

I remember once reading an article someone wrote about Drag Me To Hell and how the film was really about the lead character's hidden anorexia. Watch it again with that in mind and it adds a strange new context to the film.

Prince of Persia: The sands of Time

Went to see this on the big screen. We all know the premise, based on a game, disneys new pirates movie. More in the pipelines. Yawn.

Its certainly not a bad film. Grab some popcorn, switch brain to neutral and enjoy the imagery and cool looking stuff, some mass battles and some sword fights. Great for any blockbuster movie.

But thats pretty much where it ends for me. I suppose the first major thing that killed it for me was Jake Gyllenhaal. Playing the lead character and i didnt connect with him one bit. It just felt that he had no screen chemistry one bit. It was almost like he was going to turn to camera and say `Wow, this movie is cool!` and then go back to doing action things. Didnt like him.

Gemma Arterton. The female love interest. She looked far too much like Xena without actually being Lucy Lawless. Now if they had put Lucy Lawless in the film I would buy the Blu-Ray and frame by frame stepped through the entire film Loving Lucy but... sorry went somewhere there I shouldn`t. Emm,,

Ben Kingsly, Cant fault Ben, he tried his hardest here.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

But you know right from the first shot of him hes the bad guy and just sit and wait till hes revealed so you can have the slight satisfaction you knew right from the start!

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

And the Action scenes, Now making each and every fight fast, slow and blurry does not make action any more actiony. When will hollywood realise this? Make good action scenes not bad action scenes and make them fast , slow and blurry!

The ending....

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Has anyone seen family Guy, the episode where `stewie kills lous`? well watch the last minute of that double episode and it sums this entire movie up!

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

So to cut a long story short,

TOO LATE

OK action adventure but more to follow!

So sorry for the long winded rant but I needed to get this off my chest for some sort of closure.

I was truly dragged through the mire this past weekend by being practically forced to watch Streetdance 3D and Sex in the City 2. :(

Saturday was Streetdance and I kid you not this was truly awful, I understood the main cast were dancers first and actors twentieth but the acting so awful I was sat there in disbelief throughout

getting dragged to Sex & The City tomorrow :(

Poor bastard! My thoughts are with you. I had to sit through this drivel of shit last night, every time I looked at Sarah-Jessica Parker I kept being reminded of Red Rum. Fucking diabolicle, is this what they play to prisoners in Guantanamo Bay?

• Paid Members

I watched a Clint Eastwood film from (I think) 1974. Thunderbolt and Lightfoot. Clint is Thunderbolt, an ex-bank robber being pursued by members of his gang wanting their share of the money. Jeff Bridges is Lightfoot, a good looking, smooth talking, small time criminal. They meet by chance and go on the road, and on the run, together. They've got incredible chemistry together, the film is a great watch. The cinematography is excellent, the story is well told and it's beautifully acted. I thought some of the dialogue was a bit cheesy and I'm still puzzled as to how the bad guys caught up with T&L at times but otherwise, I absolutely loved it. The Paul Williams song that plays over the beginning and ending credits is terrific too.

Also saw My Best Friends Girl. This was funny in places but otherwise shite. Basic plot summary is Dane Cook is a twat who'll date your ex/wannabe girlfriend and she'll be so put off by him that she'll realise you are a much more attractive proposition. Jason Biggs is his bet mate who hires him to put off Kate Hudson, who he's in love with. SPOILER! Kate Hudson and Dane Cook fall in love and despite Cook's attempt to be a twat, they still end up together.

It's difficult to see who this film is aimed at. It's essentially a chick flick but the language pretty strong (including "cunt" a couple of times in the blu-ray version). Despite the language, it's not a blokey film. It's a cheesy, predictable pile of shit with the occassional laugh.

Watched Rec 2 last night, gotta say it was pretty good viewing. The events in the first Rec are not all that they seemed, totally new twist on it and the ending of Rec 2 leaves open the possibility of a Rec 3 :)

• Paid Members
Watched Rec 2 last night, gotta say it was pretty good viewing. The events in the first Rec are not all that they seemed, totally new twist on it and the ending of Rec 2 leaves open the possibility of a Rec 3 :)

REALLY want to see this, where did you get it from?