DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

I saw Rec2 at the car boot sale on Sunday but didnt pick it up as wasnt sure of the quality.

I did however pick up a perfect copy of Kick Ass which was clearly lifted of the upcoming DVD print.

getting dragged to Sex & The City tomorrow :(

Suicide, death in the family, needles in the eyes just get out of it.

Watched Rec 2 last night, gotta say it was pretty good viewing. The events in the first Rec are not all that they seemed, totally new twist on it and the ending of Rec 2 leaves open the possibility of a Rec 3 :)

REALLY want to see this, where did you get it from?

It's on most download sites in excellent quality.

Pretty decent but not as tense as the first, also i've never complained about the handheld/found footage camera action before but this made me feel like vomiting acouple of times.

• Paid Members

Watched Rec 2 last night, gotta say it was pretty good viewing. The events in the first Rec are not all that they seemed, totally new twist on it and the ending of Rec 2 leaves open the possibility of a Rec 3 :)

Pretty decent but not as tense as the first, also i've never complained about the handheld/found footage camera action before but this made me feel like vomiting acouple of times.

Ah brilliant, one to watch with the girl tonight then.

• Paid Members

In preparation for the possibility of seeing the sequel tomorrow, tonight I watched [Rec] for the first time. I now will be needing a new pair of pants.

I saw Rec2 at the car boot sale on Sunday but didnt pick it up as wasnt sure of the quality.

I did however pick up a perfect copy of Kick Ass which was clearly lifted of the upcoming DVD print.

Do they still have dodgy tape,, DVD sellers at car boot sales?

I would have thought that everyone would just download them!

Add in the annoying `You wouldn`t steal a Car` shite you get on EVERY original dvd rip, I thought that would put people off doing this! :D

• Paid Members

Ah brilliant, one to watch with the girl tonight then.

Watched this last night and enjoyed it. This one seemed more of a 'set up a sequel' type film than the first one which could've existed as a standalone but it left me wanting more and...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The twist of them not being zombies but being possessed instead was a good one. I did wonder when I watched the first one where all the church stuff came into it and there we go. Cant wait to see what happens when the demon leaves the apartment building.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Watched half of Inglourious Basterds on Friday. It was ace but I couldn't stay awake.

Last night went to see 4.3.2.1. It's obviously a hit because we were the only 2 people in there. Though that might say more about our decision to choose Reel over Vue. Hull had 1 cinema 2 or 3 years ago. We now have 4, which is twice as many as is necessary, I'd say. Though Reel, Vue and Cineworld are all a massive improvement on the flea bitten Odeon.

Anyway, the film. I liked it. Despite the warning of Sex, Violence, Strong language (once very stong, which means "cunt") and drugs, I am totally not who this film is aimed at. It's aimed at 20 year old girls who believe in girl power. The music, the attitude and the language are all very young. Though if this is a modern 'Chick Flick', then I fear for the view of "Ladies" in our society in 10 years time.

The film is quiet good. It's about 4 (gorgeous) girl friends who end up in an improbable situation involving stolen diamonds. the film splits into 4 parts to give each girls view of her weekend and the four tales are well told, go their seperate ways and intertwine and all come together to make the movie. I agree with some reviews I read that the dialogue is a bit iffy and the situation is unrealistic but it's still a clever movie, great shots, loads of energy, decent soundtrack and great acting. Kevin Smith is a riot in his cameo and Kerrys' brother is ace too.

It's worth a look, probably not worth spending cinema money on though.

• Moderators

I saw Kick Ass at the weekend. It was really fucking stupid. But in a good way, mostly - it was very entertaining for the most part. Also very different from the book. A couple of the major changes were really unnecessary and shit. SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

One in particular - he definitely shouldn't have got the girl. That was really dumb. As it was happening I was convinced it was a dream sequence he was having. When he grabbed her tits I was sure it was a dream sequence..

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Saw Kung Fu Hustle last night. I'd never seen it before but I have to say it's one of the funniest, most entertaining things i've watched in ages. The comedy in it is just brilliant.

I saw Kick Ass at the weekend. It was really fucking stupid. But in a good way, mostly - it was very entertaining for the most part. Also very different from the book. A couple of the major changes were really unnecessary and shit. SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

One in particular - he definitely shouldn't have got the girl. That was really dumb. As it was happening I was convinced it was a dream sequence he was having. When he grabbed her tits I was sure it was a dream sequence..

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

yeah, I said near enough the exact same thing here when I saw it. It started to be the kind of movie/story it was sending up there and just seemed unncessary

yeah, I said near enough the exact same thing here when I saw it. It started to be the kind of movie/story it was sending up there and just seemed unncessary

Yeah, that baffled me, it leaves more avenues open for exploration if he doesn't get her in the first film, kinda like Spidey.

Last night while in a tired state I decided to watch Good Burger.

Simply, I LOVE this film for nostalgic reasons. I can see where it would get boring in some of the middle stages, but Keenan And Kel...just awesome!