The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Marcus Trescothick calling it a day at the end of the year. Favourite ever cricketer and possibly overall sportsperson. Great player, great bloke and his work in making mental health issues in sport acceptable really has been trailblazing. 

He stated playing for Somerset in 1992! 

• Paid Members

Tres and Cook for me. Although I would absolutely pick Boycott ahead of the former had I been around when he played.

Trescothick and Cook would have a great partnership, aggression and watchfullness in tandem. Only issue is that it's lefty lefty, then again, so was Strauss.

Edited by Gus Mears

2 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

The correct answer is Boycott x 2. 

boycott.png?w=700

Surely you mean Boycott and Boycott's mother armed with a stick of rhubarb?

• Paid Members

If we are doing this then let's do it. 

Gooch

Cook

Vaughn

Root

Gower

Botham

Knott

Emburey

Broad

Willis

Anderson. 

I'm leaving Boycott and KP out on the grounds of team harmony. It was also a toss up to leave Vaughn out and go Gower at 3 and Gatting at 5. 

3 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

If we are doing this then let's do it. 

Gooch

Cook

Vaughn

Root

Gower

Botham

Knott

Emburey

Broad

Willis

Anderson. 

I'm leaving Boycott and KP out on the grounds of team harmony. It was also a toss up to leave Vaughn out and go Gower at 3 and Gatting at 5. 

Certainly wouldn't argue with most of that.

I'm not a huge fan of the man or his character but could you make a case for Swann for Emburey?

In an era where England can field a decent XI of wicketkeeper batsmen, can we afford to play someone who is just primarily a great keeper in Knott or can we forgive Jos Buttler's lack of basic keeping fundamentals in favour of his big hitting funky spastic style?

One thing is for sure is that Stuart Broad should keep a cautious eye on young funk soul brother number one Joffrey Archer.