The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

7 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Yeah, Butch is gonna do his nut when he sees Hicky's not an option, and he should be. His ODI record was fantastic, at least as good as Judge's, who I picked.

• Paid Members

Still think it goes tits up in the semi-final or final. We'll play as we usually do and get Bumrah'd. Virat Kohli screaming after every wicket as we're bowled out for 150. 

I'm in London tomorrow for work but the event I'm at  isn't until the evening, so going to 'work remotely' at Lords for the premier fixture of Middlesex vs Leicestershire. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Moderators

Archer in, Willey out  for the World Cup according to the Grauniad. I think Wiley has been unlucky. Its good to have that left arm option like Alan Mullally and I think Mark Wood is shite and so would get a left armer in for him bwfire his bodu falls apart by the 2nd group game. 

Hales idiocy has unfortunately allowed yet another James Vince return too. On these flat pitches England have to win the whole shebang. Surely. 

England give pace bowler Jofra Archer the nod for World Cup squad

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/may/20/england-bowler-jofra-archer-world-cup-squad?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Archer in, Willey out  for the World Cup according to the Grauniad. I think Wiley has been unlucky. Its good to have that left arm option like Alan Mullally and I think Mark Wood is shite and so would get a left armer in for him bwfire his bodu falls apart by the 2nd group game. 

Hales idiocy has unfortunately allowed yet another James Vince return too. On these flat pitches England have to win the whole shebang. Surely. 

England give pace bowler Jofra Archer the nod for World Cup squad

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/may/20/england-bowler-jofra-archer-world-cup-squad?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Totally agree that leaving David Willey out is a mistake. I honestly think Archer's express pace and Willey's left arm swingy stuff being bowled in tandem would be a really effective attack! 

• Paid Members

Yes the Cider men. TEN! Second place finishes in all competitions since our last trophy. This is the best Somerset team of my lifetime and I hope, hope, hope that this is the start of something special when we finally win the championship.

• Paid Members

World Cup starting today. Quite excited, despite getting no good tickets and the weather being a bit shit. I'm going with India to win the final and England collapse either against them at the last hurdle, or Australia in the semis. 

In other news, the ECB has trademarked the following amazing names for the 100 shitfest. 

London Spirit, Southern Brave, Leeds Superchargers, Birmingham Phoenix, Trent Rockets and Welsh Fire.