The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I couldn't agree more with you on David Lloyd, I can stand when he is playing the clown and on the odd occasion he plays it straight he can actually be pretty insightful. 

It's a shame Ponting is coaching as he is bloody brilliant during the big bash 

• Paid Members

I know the win predictor is shite, but the idea that England had a 60% chance of winning at the innings break is for the birds. I don't care if you're playing with the boundaries wrapped around the crease, 350+ is a huge challenge in a proper competitive game.

12 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Well that was predictable. 

Pakistan woke up from their slumber there, didn't they?  To be fair we got a lot closer to that total than I thought possible.

• Paid Members

Village grade umpiring today at the World Cup, four overturned calls again the Windies and Gayle getting out on a ball that ought to have been a free hit. Michael Holding calling out the umpires for being fucking useless was about the only positive.

In more important news, Somerset gave what might have been their best session of bowling in my lifetime to demolish Surrey at Guilford. I thought we were toast last night and every one of the quicks bowled exceptionally today with Brooks being unplayable at times. If we don't finally win it this year, I don't know when we will.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

Village grade umpiring today at the World Cup, four overturned calls again the Windies and Gayle getting out on a ball that ought to have been a free hit. Michael Holding calling out the umpires for being fucking useless was about the only positive.

In more important news, Somerset gave what might have been their best session of bowling in my lifetime to demolish Surrey at Guilford. I thought we were toast last night and every one of the quicks bowled exceptionally today with Brooks being unplayable at times. If we don't finally win it this year, I don't know when we will.

It was horrific wasnt it, specifically the call where Zampa I believe had to take 3 breaths during his appeal before the ump gave it. I'm glad holding was so on point with it as well. Dont dress it up the umpiring was unacceptable 

• Paid Members

The commentary during this World Cup has very much smacked of the IPL commentary, where opinions seem watered down and not too negative so as to promote the 'product'.

Then good old Mikey Holding comes along, calls the umpiring shit, says the Aussies are intimidating the umpires, and calls Andre Russell an idiot. He's the best in the business.

• Moderators

Also he has thw most lovely relaxing voice. Excuse my stereotyping but its like smooth molasses. Extra points for the way he says "The pitch is full of pace and boance"

I say get Bob Dylan Willis out of the verdict studio and back in the commentary box. 

• Paid Members

Big Bob coming off his long run is still the best part of Sky coverage, despite them cutting the knackers off the Verdict. Was absolutely gutted a couple of years ago when a bunch of his best bits were taken off YouTube due to copyright,. 'Daryl Harper shouldn't be umpiring schools cricket, Charles. These are the two worst umpires I've ever seen'.

Edited by Gus Mears

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Thoroughly enjoyed Bangladesh wiping the floor with the West Indies. Serves them right for their stupid celebrations and nicknames. Universe Dross, more like.