The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

It's the hope that kills you, but I'm prepared to die this time. I'm going for England to win and Buttler to hit the winning runs in the final. 

Those names are shite and they are still 2 short. They need ones for the franchises at Old Trafford and The Oval. I'd go for Manchester Rain and the South London Slaaaags. 

• Moderators

I'll take that as a start. Great to see Archer bowling express pace and not afraid to head hunt big nanes like Amla. Stokes' catch was one of the finest shows of athleticism ive seen. Buttlwr looked a bit ropey behind the stumps but that was a rarity i think. 

• Paid Members

Surely YJB's better behind the stumps than Buttler? Especially against spin. They might have to rethink that. Otherwise, yeah, a really good performance and good to see them rack up 300+ even against a good bowling performance.

• Paid Members

I'm still popping a wheelie from that Stokes catch. Not many I have seen better.

Thoroughly professional job by England. Accelerated when they could and rebuilt sensibly after wickets fell. All of the bowlers were decent and Jofra Archer is a wonderful talent. It's still weird seeing someone who plays like him in an England shirt, because he's the exact type of bowler I've spent my whole life watching reduce us to about 55-6.

• Paid Members

Have to say though that Rabada is brilliant, isn't he? If he stays fit then if he doesn't finish his career as one of the all time great fast bowlers then something's gone wrong.

• Paid Members

Windies stuffed Pakistan in a locker and pinched their lunch money in that one. Aggressive short and quick bowling that they couldn't handle in the slightest. In a day and age of cutters, yorkers and variations in pace it was so refreshing to see properly hostile quick stuff in the ribs and grill. Plus Chris 'Big Sexy' Gayle decided to take half an hour off from having a broken back and smash a half century in about 36 balls. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Can't be doing with the West Indies and their stupid self-given nicknames, but that's Pakistan for you. Absolutely hopeless today, probably win by 300 runs next time out.

Fucking hell, time hasn't been kind to Michael Slater has it? has it He looks like he's been sucking dicks for crack. 

Having said that, he's a good host and has a terrific voice for commentary. He works the occasional subtle, slightly camp Larry Grayson style one knee bend into his on pitch interviews like a seasoned pro. I've really enjoyed the diversity of commentators they've had on Sky so far. The cricket has been top notch too. C'mon the Hajis!!

• Moderators

The fact they've only one feed for the World Cup really has led to fine commentary hasn't it? Who's doing the Channel 4 highlight stuff? I'm assuming it's like Channel 5's test highlights and has the TMS crew when they're not with Aggers.

Edited by PowerButchi

Off to the Oval today for South Africa vs Bangladesh 

Hoping its a bit more of a contest then we've seen from most games thus far

If South Africa bat 1st might see some fireworks

Got tickets for Wednesdays Bangladesh vs New Zealand game and then Saturday June 15th Australia vs Sri Lanka as well which is the one I'm most looking forward to seeing.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Fucking hell, time hasn't been kind to Michael Slater has it? has it He looks like he's been sucking dicks for crack. 

Having said that, he's a good host and has a terrific voice for commentary. He works the occasional subtle, slightly camp Larry Grayson style one knee bend into his on pitch interviews like a seasoned pro. I've really enjoyed the diversity of commentators they've had on Sky so far. The cricket has been top notch too. C'mon the Hajis!!

Funnily enough I cant stand Slater, I seem to he in the minority though. I echo the sentiments the variety of commentators have been wonderful