The Super Duper Rugby Union Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Do yous not think League is miles better than Union though?

Good lord no. Dullest sport on earth. 13 identikit men running into each other over and over again, then wiggling around on the floor for 5 seconds, before backheeling it to another bloke to do the same thing.

Chris Ashton is a showboating cunt.

But a tremendous player.

Wales v Scotland was a dreadful mess, and any Welsh supporter thinking this some sort of new dawn is setting themselves up for a big fall. Scotland were utterly, utterly hopeless and Wales not a massive amount better.

BBC's coverage of the latter match this afternoon was a fucking disgrace. People wonder why the Celts are so "chippy", when during the half time of a Scotland-Wales match, they elect not to discuss the game at hand but to show highlights of England earlier in the day. Ditto post-match. The decision to cut off Nick Mallett's interview (in favour of some inane chat between that woman who knows fuck all about rugby and Lewis Moody) was also spectacularly midjudged. Things like this - the constant tailoring of content to English viewers especially when it's not even their match as irritating as hell.

Edited by matbro1984

I'm more than happy with a comfortable win there, but I'm not expecting a massive turn-around for Wales. All we needed was a win even just to give us a bit of confidence.

I'm utterly shocked at how bad Scotland played mind. Even when we had 2 men in the bin they could still only manage 3 points on us. They should have been all over us there.

I'm more than happy with a comfortable win there, but I'm not expecting a massive turn-around for Wales. All we needed was a win even just to give us a bit of confidence.

I'm utterly shocked at how bad Scotland played mind. Even when we had 2 men in the bin they could still only manage 3 points on us. They should have been all over us there.

That's such a telling statistic of how shit Scotland were too - Wales down to 13 men and all they got was a penalty. Absolutely woeful. Pains me to say it, but England or France would have put 50 points on Scotland under the same circumstances. (The whole match I mean, not just the 13 men period)

Edited by matbro1984

Wales v Scotland was a dreadful mess, and any Welsh supporter thinking this some sort of new dawn is setting themselves up for a big fall. Scotland were utterly, utterly hopeless and Wales not a massive amount better.

I disagree with that. Wales were great the first 20mins (Hook at 10 allowed Roberts to come into his own) but lost all momentum when Bradley Davies and Lee Byrne went off... the game became really disjointed after that. Scotland were poor but Wales kept their heads and didn't concede a lot. Our backrow had a really good game, especially Lydiate and Ryan Jones. I was expecting Craig Mitchell to be shit but he had a good game. Wales' set piece was solid.

You're right in saying that this isn't a new dawn but it was a good win and an important confidence boost. I think Wales are good enough to beat Italy (although their pack could demolish us) and Ireland at home but France and England are a step above this year.