The Super Duper Rugby Union Thread

PowerButchi

• Moderators
What an amazing meltdown from Scotland! I'm glad we won but I don't think we really deserved it, and I'm worried that everyone will just paper over the cracks again though. A great ending to the game though, and am always glad when we win, deserved or not.

We didn't deserve it at all. We only showed up for 15 minutes. Scrum V will be interesting tomorrow.

• Paid Members

Amazing finish but i have a feeling everyone will ignore the fact we were out played for the majority of the game, had horrible loose passing and couldnt control a scrum for shit and didnt deserve the win. Ive not been this frustrated watching a game for a long time

• Paid Members

No doubting England were awful, and thus a golden chance for Italy to get something out of them after going close two years ago as well. Towards the end there's no doubting that they had England in a position in which they could and probably should have beaten them. Not saying it was a golden performance from Italy, far from it, but it was more like they are capable of playing. A properly functioning England team would have wiped the floor with them though, obviously.

Edited by tom

• Moderators

Andy Powell is an absoulte legend...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE61D26R20100214

LONDON (Reuters) - Wales flanker Andy Powell has been arrested for allegedly taking and driving a golf buggy in the early hours of Sunday morning after his team's Six Nations win over Scotland, South Wales police said.

The police said the 28-year-old flanker had been arrested with another man at 0600GMT on Sunday at a service station close to the M4 motorway near the team hotel in the Vale of Glamorgan.

Motorists had earlier called police to tell them they had seen the buggy on the hard shoulder of the motorway, according to local media reports.

The Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) said in a statement it was monitoring the situation which came after Powell played in Wales' memorable 31-24 defeat of Scotland at the Millennium Stadium.

Powell has won 14 caps for Wales and was a member of the British Lions squad who toured South Africa last year.

Fucking ace.

• Paid Members
Andy Powell is an absoulte legend...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE61D26R20100214

LONDON (Reuters) - Wales flanker Andy Powell has been arrested for allegedly taking and driving a golf buggy in the early hours of Sunday morning after his team's Six Nations win over Scotland, South Wales police said.

The police said the 28-year-old flanker had been arrested with another man at 0600GMT on Sunday at a service station close to the M4 motorway near the team hotel in the Vale of Glamorgan.

Motorists had earlier called police to tell them they had seen the buggy on the hard shoulder of the motorway, according to local media reports.

The Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) said in a statement it was monitoring the situation which came after Powell played in Wales' memorable 31-24 defeat of Scotland at the Millennium Stadium.

Powell has won 14 caps for Wales and was a member of the British Lions squad who toured South Africa last year.

Fucking ace.

And theres me thinking he'd gone all sensible with his new haircut, What a legend

• 1 month later...

I'm done defending England. Second row and back row just aren't good enough. Paul Rees put it best by saying that the team is completely contradictory. A back five who play rugby with the accelerator on the floor and a pack who play rugby like the handbrake's on. Unfortunately, the latter issue is the one we can't fix because no matter how many times our second row and back row let us down (and they have done repeatedly), there's nobody else to play there. They've tried. Different flankers, different combinations of locks, everything. They end up coming back to the same players. Just hopeless.