The Super Duper Rugby Union Thread

PowerButchi

So Wales Scotland was a good lttle match. Incase it might be a spoiler i won't tell you the score, but both teams looked great and played smart, dynamic rugby in different parts of the game.

Biggest downfall were the two Scots getting KO'd by their own fault (Geoff Cross tackled Lee Byrne in the air and cuaght a knee to the jaw. Simon Webster in a straight tackle on Martyn Williams.) Wales looked alright but they failed to make a single conversion and showed some sloppiness. Scotland looked a bit ragged at first but really stepped it up and looked strong in defence and going forward. Good game.

Wales England next week. C'mon Wales.

Based on this weekends games i can see Wales just nudging past england but it'll be a high scorer from the mistakes/missed kicks etc. . .

Scotland shot themselves in the foot and i'll put money on Ireland to win although i do feel having england + ireland at home helps wales. I wouldn't fancy being any team and having to go to the milenium stadium to play wales at the minute.

• Moderators

Scotland played out of their skins today, chwarae teg.

Next week, I think we'll put 20 points on England.

The place kicking was shocking, mind. But momentum is rolling now. And my Mancrush on Leigh 1/2p gets bigger by the game.

It's between Wales, Ireland and France, and there is going to be some fucking great rugby, especially people putting their hands up for the Lions tour.

Ive got to admit Scotland were awful yesterday, I think anyone who says we played well is being generous. Straight from the off we looked inferior to Wales. Missing our star prop Murray and lock Hines was a blow. Its between Wales and Ireland judging by the first weekend. It would be interesting to see if anyone would care to predict a lions 15.

Edited by Euanconway

Only Henson missing from the Wales team, and I don't feel we miss him. Again, I thoroughly expect us to put 20 points on the English. I feel we'll win the triple crown, yet lose in Paris.

Given the expectation in Wales, anything less than a crushing defeat of England tomorrow will be a disappointment to most. Seeing us Welsh optimistic is unusual, but welcome. I suspect a dismal Six Nations will be the catalyst for England to do something about their performances rather than output a lot of "we must front up next time" sound bytes.

As for the game, I think there is certainly potential for a large margin of victory, but I can't see that happening because like the Scotland game, Gatland may let his players ease off once a lead has been established. Preserve players for France and all that.

It's between Wales, Ireland and France, and there is going to be some fucking great rugby, especially people putting their hands up for the Lions tour.

Was on about this with a mate yesterday, can you see any England players making the Lions team?

Was on about this with a mate yesterday, can you see any England players making the Lions team?

At the moment it will be mostly Wales with a few Irish. I can't see many English or Scots making it for that matter.

• Paid Members

Although he's hardly been in sparkling form, I can still think there's a chance of Andrew Sheridan slipping into the number 1 shirt.

Can't see many of his countrymen joining him, though.

• Moderators

I've always thought Sheridan to be a bit of a flat track bully, to be honest, His name was plastered all over the tabloids after he destroyed Al Baxter in the scrum, but who wasn't at that point in time? I'd play Gethin Jenkins at Loosehead.

Sadly, i only saw England vs. Wales due to different things. Good game and England looked very strong against Wales, but Wales once again showed composure and good play. But England scored two f'n tries. For a moment i was inconsoable.

Haven't heard the other results but i guess France won and Ireland were trouncing Italy when i looked earlier.