The Super Duper Rugby Union Thread

PowerButchi

Italy/Ireland was a boring as hell game to watch. Ireland were rubbish in the first half, with Fitzgerald acting as Jesus in the last second and scoring a much-needed try. The second half saw a couple more Ireland trys before Italy fell asleep - unfortunately falling asleep ON Ireland, meaning they could do anything until the last 10 minutes or so.

All Ireland's trys were great, though, especially O'Driscoll's. Fucking pace on that man.

The result for Wales I thought was flattering - not sure how it came across on TV but watching the match in the stadium it seemed that England were hampered by their own indiscipline. Whether or not that was entirely down to Welsh pressure I think is debatable.

Really enjoyed the Wales V England game, was an excellent game of rugby, wales look odds on for a grand slam. Ireland v Italy was a poor match but Ireland were always gonna win. Get the feeling they could meet Wales in a decider.

Really gutted for Scotland we were done by poor refing. Just ain't quite there at the moment. France are a poor side who could very well lose all the games they have left.

• Moderators
The result for Wales I thought was flattering - not sure how it came across on TV but watching the match in the stadium it seemed that England were hampered by their own indiscipline. Whether or not that was entirely down to Welsh pressure I think is debatable.

The England yellow cards were for Killing the ball in their own 22, so yeah, it would have been Welsh Pressure there.

• Moderators

Jamie Roberts being passed fit for the Frog game is tremendous news, I feel that if we pick up the win on Friday (Fucking Friday, fucks sakes) the paddys will not be able to prevent us repeating the grand slam.

All we've gotta do now is keep our players out of the pubs, and from being arrested.

Wales vs. France will be epic. I hate to say it but i expect France to win. Can't say as to why, just the feeling i've got in the pit in my stomach.

England vs. Ireland should be very interesting especially if England play defence like they did last weekend. But Eng's poor discipline to ruin it for them.

Scotland vs. Italy. Scotland to win. Can't really get excited about that. No offense

Jamie Roberts being passed fit for the Frog game is tremendous news, I feel that if we pick up the win on Friday (Fucking Friday, fucks sakes) the paddys will not be able to prevent us repeating the grand slam.

If you beat France in the same, convincing way that we did, then maybe. As it stands, I think Ireland/Wales will be the closest game so far and could go either we.

I'm hoping we smash England on Saturday - it's on my fucking birthday...

• 2 weeks later...

The France Wales game I liked,

The England game.. Snorearama.... Dear Mr Johno, get rid of the old school mentality, stop picking from the same 3 clubs, and more importantly realise that Rugby has moved on since 2003. Kick, Kick, Kick Kick.. Yellow card.... YAWN!

France were looking the best i've ever seen them in the Wales game. Wales looked very good and composed at points, but hats off to France to stepping it up a gear. I still hope Wales will win, but i was fairly confident that a grand slam was a bit of a reach this year.

England was so fucking boring i switched off. It sapped the energy. Ireland looked good again. Nice to see them returning to form a bit.

Scotland and Italy was a fair game. But i missed the last 15 mins as i was off to the theatre.

England was so fucking boring i switched off. It sapped the energy. Ireland looked good again. Nice to see them returning to form a bit.

Ireland looked alright. Ronan O'Gara clearly needs to stop kicking, because he has gone to complete shit. If he'd managed to score any of those other penalities, that entire game would have been different and I wouldn't have been shitting myself in the last 2 minutes after England's last try.

• 2 weeks later...

God it feels like i've gone through a worm hole to an alternative dimension watching the six nations this weekend that and the weather.

Wales vs. Italy- disgraceful. Wales looked like a shadow of themselves. sloppy scrums poor handling and playing the kicking game too much. Italy looked pretty good, and there kicker was in fine form. Stupid penalites, Wales better put there game heads on this weekend.

Scotland vs. Ireland- missed the final 20 mins due to previous engagment but both sides played very well. Scotland were liked a team determine to score a try and looked damn impressive. Ireland closed them down well and regroupd in later part of the game. Good match.

England vs. France- WTF? Where was the France that handled the ball beautifully and defended against Wales like a brick wall. England deserved that large score margin. Well played.