The Super Duper Rugby Union Thread

PowerButchi

England vs. France- WTF? Where was the France that handled the ball beautifully and defended against Wales like a brick wall. England deserved that large score margin. Well played.

Ive not yet seen, but reports from me mates say, France forgot to turn up, must have thought were playing yesterday, and that England.. will probably be lauded for an excellent performance, despite, beating a schools team.

Dunno how accurate that is

I'd say that's pretty accurate. Though to be fair England obviously were playing with a clear, well thought out game plan which, most importantly, worked and defended very well.

But France just... i dunno how to describe it. All those great players on the pitch and they couldn't complete a play, left huge gaps in defence, when they did get the ball they didn't get very far. France pull something back second half, but were still sub par and it wasn't enough to make any real threat.

France were really poor, just showing that they can be excellent one week and crap the next. It probably explains why they have never won the wrold cup.

Scotland were really unlucky I thought, we continued our trend of playing well in patches but never for 80mins.

Ireland or Wales for the title then, I vote Ireland but on points difference not the Grand Slam.

Heart-stopping game there. Bowe's try was un-fucking-real. Once Wales went a point up I thought that was it, only for O'Gara to save it, and then the final kick after Jones had missed none all game...fucking hell. What a game. Ugly as hell, but gripping from start to finish.

After so many false promises, they finally did it!

It was ugly, but it was beautiful. It was two teams fighting their absolute bollocks off to try and win it. I think Wales knew by the second half that they were going to have trouble getting the 13 point difference, but probably thought they could win the game - those two tries really shifted the balance.

I have never been so nervous about a final kick of a game.

• 7 months later...
  • Moderators

Anyone watch the start of the AI's today?

I was pretty happy with the Welsh performance to be honest, still awaiting that Kiwi scalp, and the 20 minute period at the strat of the second half was a fucking disgrace, but it was a strong performance otherwise. Jamie Roberts gave me more reason to wank over him. There seemed to be a lack of belief and commitment amongst the players though. Hook looks good at 15, however.

I reckon he'll beat the Argies and the Samoans, not got a clue about the Aussies. We do have a strong record against them in recent times, so it'll be a close one.

England were terrible I thought, which warmed my cockles. One day the people from Twickers may realise that's it's not 2003 anymore, and the game has changed away from ten man wank.

England were terrible I thought, which warmed my cockles. One day the people from Twickers may realise that's it's not 2003 anymore, and the game has changed away from ten man wank.

Its getting rid of the old guard.. thats the probelm. Appointing Johnno as coach meant this was was never gunna happen. Our fluke at 2007 despite playing shite has meant that players have been kept around longer than they should, nothing has had to change and the reelickulous reliance on MR Wilkinson when he is fit has been a bug bear of mine for year. This is all line against the fact England have beebn shite for some time and flatter to decieve.

Me, iam more worried about WTF is going on at Gloucester... it has all come to pieces

• Paid Members

So, unconvincing stuff from England yesterday. Monye had a shocker, and Haskell didn't look great. One the plus side, the try was well-finished, Wilkinson was pretty sharp until he started missing kicks, and Moody was a very deserving MOTM, but overall it really wasn't good enough and we might not have even got the win had Rodriguez been more consistent with his kicks. Need to step it up considerably for New Zealand next week if we're going to do anything other than lose embarrassingly.