New Doctor Who

stewdogg

Since seeing that ep I did wonder (but never asked), as it was based on a Seventh Doctor book if that ending was from the book. I could see McCoy easily replacing Tennant in that final scene.

Oddly I think McCoy's Doctor had the similarity of ending up being a lot more serious after starting off as a bit silly.

speaking of the current doctor, i loved him from the last episode "Time Follows me!!!!" and that hugely insane rant he had , especially when the women was like "you cant control time" and he jsut said "tough" in a very serious tone.

also back in one of the last series (sp?) when it had the shadow/flesh eaters and i think the main women said abou how he can control the tardis with a click of his fingers, only for him to deny it. Then for him to do it at the end, suggesting he is always in complete control of everything.....no matter how odd it seems lol.

I just hope this guy can match up to it!

Also (one for the serious fans) ive been told that time lords only have 12 lives? with this guy being the 11th doctor..........does that mean after him that'll be all?

Also (one for the serious fans) ive been told that time lords only have 12 lives? with this guy being the 11th doctor..........does that mean after him that'll be all?

Twelve regenerations - so thirteen lives. Though I can't remember when it was mentioned on screen, but a while ago. There was one Baker story where it was hinted at that he was running out. Though, sadly again, I can't remember the details on that whatsoever.

The Master was offered a new set of regenerations after he'd run out (and the latest incarnation said he was resurrected), which means the Time Lords likely have control. The easiest way out of it is to say there's no one to regulate regenerations any more - if they ever mention it in the new series at all.

Edited by JamesTyler

Yeah, thats a great moment in an otherwise 'meh' episode.

Anyway here the bit I was talking about, the Fury of The Time Lord.

See, that's what gets me about the new Doctor Who - that's about as scary and dark as Toy Story. The old Doctor Who series used to be really grim, and full of danger. Every time I watch new Dr Who I'm struck by the low-budget feel and general campy nature of it. It also feels very rushed with most episodes being complete stories, where older series had much longer stories "arcs".

• 4 months later...

smith impressed me and should have proven many doubters (myself included) wrong.

i'm hoping they swerve and don't have yet another companion falling for the doctor as they were heavily alluding towards. Karen Gillan was looking mighty fine and is a welcome addition.

the tease for the new season at the end was wonderful, mad eme very excited of whats's to come. particuarly the return of rover song and a dalek with the Union Jack on it's head.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I reversed it when I saw the Union Flag, the wife missed it.

I hope they are careful not to be too wacky, but as its the post regeneration storyline its expected to be a bit out of wack. I do think they need a third person in the TARDIS, maybe an older person to balance it out.

Twelve regenerations - so thirteen lives. Though I can't remember when it was mentioned on screen, but a while ago. There was one Baker story where it was hinted at that he was running out. Though, sadly again, I can't remember the details on that whatsoever.

The Master was offered a new set of regenerations after he'd run out (and the latest incarnation said he was resurrected), which means the Time Lords likely have control. The easiest way out of it is to say there's no one to regulate regenerations any more - if they ever mention it in the new series at all.

I think you ll find it was the deadly assassin. The Doctor goes to gallifrey after leaving Sarah jane behind to battle the master on his home planet.

• Paid Members

I really liked it. I've watched maybe 3 episodes since Tennant became Doctor. Not because I disliked it, just wasn't interested in starting a new series of anything and I'm the kind of geek that likes to start from the begining of something. This definately got me hooked for more.

Do they repeat the 1st episode at any point because I want the wife to see it.