New Doctor Who

stewdogg

That was the most I've enjoyed the series for a couple of years now, though to be fair I didn't pay much attention to the last series. Thought it was great, liked the premise, liked the Doctor's power trip, liked the potential ramifications for future eps. Thumbs well up.

was a slow burner, whic is something you don't expect from DR Who these days ( I wonder what the younger fans thought of it) but when it kicked into gear, jesus christ was it good. RTD is about to end his run and he's gonna do it in style! BRING ON THE DRUMS!

Oh yeah watched it last night wasent bad but could of been better.

was a slow burner, whic is something you don't expect from DR Who these days ( I wonder what the younger fans thought of it) but when it kicked into gear, jesus christ was it good. RTD is about to end his run and he's gonna do it in style! BRING ON THE DRUMS!

I get what you mean, they've done the "we're all stuck in a spacestation with some creepy thing about to get in and it could be one of us!" set up before but as a fan of the wasted McCoy era (I was a kid then ok) I liked the Dr's sudden megalomaniac tendancies creeping in at the end. Is that what the assistants are really for? To keep his moral compass on track?

At the end of the episode I just kept thinking he was almost like the Valeyard.

Well the Valeyard was created during the Doctor's 12th and 13th incarnations and it could be used that Smith's Doctor is actually the 12th, so maybe...just maybe we know who the main villian for next season is.

Anyway, what a bloody good ending to last night's episode! A price will be paid and hell is going to break lose. I have got the idea that this "darkness" which is coming to cause the end of time will use the Master as his means to do it, so the master comes back as a ghost maybe.

I get what you mean, they've done the "we're all stuck in a spacestation with some creepy thing about to get in and it could be one of us!" set up before but as a fan of the wasted McCoy era (I was a kid then ok) I liked the Dr's sudden megalomaniac tendancies creeping in at the end. Is that what the assistants are really for? To keep his moral compass on track?

Definitely seems the way, but couldn't this also draw attention to one of the first episodes with Donna as the companion? The episode in Pompeii when he was going to leave the family to die as that was how history told it but she made him go back and save them? I suppose they could use that as one of excuse of his move into this manipulator of events and the evil side of the Doc. Not being familiar with the old series' I suppose there could be another Time Lord villain that could be brought back to correct the evil within.

Fantastic episode to build up for David Tennant's farewell. Him going a bit mental and big for his boots was great. Also for saying he didn't speak at one point for ages his facial expressions showed everything we needed to know to further the story.

Just one thing i'm always confused about with Doctor Who though. They keep talking about him dying, but the Doctors 'dying' just means he is going to regenerate right? If so why is the Doctor so worried and troubled by it, surely if he knows he can regenerate when he is about to die. Or is that regeneration changes more than just the appearance, does it change the feelings etc too? Also is regeneration a certainty for him?

^

Possibilities have came to mind; This time he thinks he won't regenerate, that his 'song ending soon' is his overall life, not just the life of the Tenth Doctor.. or a connection to skipping the regeneration in the series four finale. He didn't want to regenerate yet. Maybe the tenth incarnation just doesn't want to let go and move on.

But then it could just be that this time he has a warning. He's never had that much watning before, aside from the 'forced change of appearance' before the term regeneration was created.

Edited by JamesTyler

As someone said, he has never known he was going to regenerate before, only when forced to do so my the Timelords. For all he knows its the end of him.

I really like when Tennant plays the Doctor like this, since they got rid of the stupid puppy dog love story with Rose where he became dangerously close to annoying, he's gone from strength to strength as the Doctor. I await to see if this 'evil' Doctor continues in the specials, I really like it and wish they'ld had more time to explore it. Anyway looking forward to Christmas, theories on whose going to knock four times?

I think it might just be the new doctor?

It seems like it's the Master, what with the drums in his head. But that seems too obvious. Maybe it'll lead to the return of the Time Lords.

Actually, now I've said that it would be cool to see the Doctor forced to regenerate again if he's gone too far. But who knows if thye'll bring them back for sure.