New Doctor Who

stewdogg

Sorry, I'm not sure who you mean with the first spoiler.

It took ages for my post to go through (I thought I'd get an IPS error when I was waiting) and GalaxyV.2 gave the actor name in the post before mine, so I'll forget the spoiler tags and just say Donna's granddad ;)

That was a very long winded sentence...

so did anyone watch tonight show? it was quite enjoyable while not amazing at the same time. Lady Christina had potential (as she kind of reminded me of Ace) but fell into the annoying falling for the doctor routine, maybe with the new Doctor we will start to stop it occurring. i also enjoyed lee evans character, but im sure if he made a regular appearances he might become very annoying.

I liked the ending with the woman warning the doctor.

Interesting to use the same line as the Ood.... and the 'he'll knock four times' part. There was a photo of a very John Simm looking person on set with Bernard Cribbons, so I'm now wondering if we'll have a return for the end of Ten.

As for the ep - a nice stand along ep. Lee Evans was enjoyable, and I didn't expect him to be, the bus wasn't as over the top as it could have been, Zoe Slaters line were the most unnatural deliveries I've heard since Martha Jones.

But... an hour of fun with a happy ending. Not bad at all :)

• Paid Members
Lee Evans was brilliant for the role he played, Michelle Ryan was the shits. She delivered lines like she was reading off an auto-cue half asleep.

I thought Michelle Ryan was good in the role. However, I thought this episode was shit. I hated the psychic character (who was God awful and badly scripted - who would shout "the voices are screaming" when all that is going on?)

On top of that considering that was a "special" I find it hard to say what was special about that episode. I don't generally watch Doctor Who, but I've made a point of watching these special episodes to try and see what the fuss is about, but I've not found anything at all about them appealing. This episode felt like a run-of-the-mill filler episode at best, and bad television at worst. While I thought there was nothing wrong with Michelle Ryan, I thought there was everything wrong with the episode itself.

• Paid Members
who would shout "the voices are screaming" when all that is going on?

Someone who can hear the screams of an ENTIRE PLANET dying? I dunno, just a thought.

It just sounded unrealistic and was badly acted. Even if you were to ignore the fact something terrifying was going on around you, if you were hearing an "ENTIRE PLANET" screaming I think the last thing you would do would be to relatively calmly say "the voices are screaming". I hate these snide little dismissive "I dunno, just a thought" kinda comments. If someone is saying something stupid that's one thing, but I was just giving an opinion. If you disagree with me that's fine, just don't be a prick about it.

Filler maybe, but far faaaaar from bad television.

I disagree, but fair enough if that's your opinion. I cringed several times at the episode, and thought it was terribly written in patches.

Edited by Ron Simmons

who would shout "the voices are screaming" when all that is going on?

Someone who can hear the screams of an ENTIRE PLANET dying? I dunno, just a thought.

It just sounded unrealistic and was badly acted. Even if you were to ignore the fact something terrifying was going on around you, if you were hearing an "ENTIRE PLANET" screaming I think the last thing you would do would be to relatively calmly say "the voices are screaming". I hate these snide little dismissive "I dunno, just a thought" kinda comments. If someone is saying something stupid that's one thing, but I was just giving an opinion. If you disagree with me that's fine, just don't be a prick about it.

Filler maybe, but far faaaaar from bad television.

I disagree, but fair enough if that's your opinion. I cringed several times at the episode, and thought it was terribly written in patches.

You've been on this board as long as I have, you should be used to them by now.

I dunno, just a thought. :p