New Doctor Who

stewdogg

• Paid Members

The psychic lady (aka Liz from Teachers) was in it before as an air stewardess in the "woman steals the doctor's voice" episode.

For someone who's supposedly physically attractive, Michelle Ryan sure does lack charisma.

The psychic lady (aka Liz from Teachers) was in it before as an air stewardess in the "woman steals the doctor's voice" episode.

For someone who's supposedly physically attractive, Michelle Ryan sure does lack charisma.

She came across as a bit too pleased with herself.

Maybe being the Bionic Woman has corrupted her acting ability.

Actually that was a different actress.

Referring to the first comment, thats not quite accurate, she wasn't in Midnight.

Correct, the actress playing the air hostess in Midnight is in... er... Holby. Or Casualty. One of the two. Whichever one Ade Edmonson is in. Holby I think.

Edited by Lexx

She seemed okish in her brief appearances on Merlin

Anyway who cares? She has a truly amazing arse.

• Paid Members

Correct, the actress playing the air hostess in Midnight is in... er... Holby. Or Casualty. One of the two. Whichever one Ade Edmonson is in. Holby I think.

Ah, right. There is a slight physical resemblance (to the point that I'm hopefully not being entirely racist).

Checking further, Liz from Teachers was in a previous episode, but a different one (The Girl In The Fireplace).

Filler maybe, but far faaaaar from bad television.

I disagree, but fair enough if that's your opinion. I cringed several times at the episode, and thought it was terribly written in patches.

I say the same, fair enough if that your opinion, but personally I feel theres no way I could consider that bad television. There were a few small bit where it dragged, but on the whole there were bits of excellent dialogue that more than made up for them. Overall it was glossy average TV at worst for me, it didn't even approach the realms of bad.

Edited by KFR42

How was she in the Girl in the Fireplace? Don't remember that

Loved the Quatermassreference, nice bit of continuity as well that the Doctor is aware of him, he's been mentioned a few times iirc.

I really think Russel T.Davies is the weakest writer of Doctor Who stories. Most of them are so bland and rushed its uinbelievable. He's even managed to make the Daleks look shit.

I hope Mofatt brings back some 2-3 parters, he seems a very old school type of Doctor Who fan, so I think we're going to see something very different with his Doctor. Agreed with the falling in love nonsense, I don't want Doctor Who chasing skirt.

She seemed okish in her brief appearances on Merlin

Anyway who cares? She has a truly amazing arse.

That as well.

How was she in the Girl in the Fireplace? Don't remember that

Loved the Quatermassreference, nice bit of continuity as well that the Doctor is aware of him, he's been mentioned a few times iirc.

I really think Russel T.Davies is the weakest writer of Doctor Who stories. Most of them are so bland and rushed its uinbelievable. He's even managed to make the Daleks look shit.

I hope Mofatt brings back some 2-3 parters, he seems a very old school type of Doctor Who fan, so I think we're going to see something very different with his Doctor. Agreed with the falling in love nonsense, I don't want Doctor Who chasing skirt.

I don't think it's too fair to say Russel T. Davies is the weakest of the writers. For a start, as the script editor he pretty much has his finger in every proverbial pie.

And some of his stuff has been superb. In the last series there, Midnight was a superb story and te last 10 minutes of the finale is as good as TV gets. Superb! However, that's not just the script writing, it's also the acting. Bernard Cribbins and Catherine Tate were both absolutely brilliant in that last episode.

However, it's good that the torch is set to be passed so a different pair of hands can steer the ship.

I enjoyed last night's one a lot more than the weak Christmas episode, but it wasn't great by any manner of means. And I agree that Michelle Ryan was pretty weak. Furthermore, I too am a little tired of the 'Guest Female Lead kisses the Doctor all of a sudden' thing, because it's so forced.

I absolutely hated last night's "special". Badly written ("Quick bit of dialogue about something that's going to happen" - said thing immediately happens), badly acted (step forward, Miss Ryan), cheap "blokes-in-suits" monsters and the CG bus from hell that, after a scene in which one of the coppers reads the number plate aloud, had the wrong fucking number plate on it!

I watch each episode, hoping this will be the one that turns it around and makes it a show worth watching again and every time I fall somewhere between disappointed and downright enraged.

And does Tennant have it in his contract that he has to kiss all the bloody women in this show?

I thought it was very average myself also.

Seemed to take a while to get going (after the bus was on that planet) then as usual everything seemed rushed in the last 20 mins, just seemed a little unbalanced.

Also might of been better to have 2 episodes spead out over easter if they are going to do the one off episodes, I know the narrative for special is that its a 'one off' as opposed to a series but just didn't really do it for me

Quick question, the black lady who was leading the army (or special service with the red caps)...is she the same actress who starred in the recent BBC series 'The Survivors'?

Edited by wbzuk

And does Tennant have it in his contract that he has to kiss all the bloody women in this show?

If you ask me I think its the bloody women demanding they get to kiss him... I know I would :love: