New Doctor Who

stewdogg

• Paid Members
The TARDIS also has one it's why nobody notices a 50's/60's Police Phone Box in odd places also the reason unless you already know about it (or it crashes) you don't see or hear it arrive or leave

That's only partially true. It's been implied that it's has a sort of perception filter so no one thinks it looks out of place, but it doesn't stop them seeing it. The TARDIS has been spotted many times, and it's certainly been heard. There's episodes where Rose and others have heard the sound, gone to look only for him to have left (or just arrived). It's also been said that humans simply don't spot odd looking things like a TARDIS.

The TARDIS has a chameleon circuit which is supposed to disguise it as something that won't look out of place. Unfortunately The Doctors TARDIS has a faulty chameleon circuit which left it stuck in the shape of a 1950's Police Box. It has been implied that The Doctor could fix it (I believe he has on occasion) but he likes it as it is.

The TARDIS also has one it's why nobody notices a 50's/60's Police Phone Box in odd places also the reason unless you already know about it (or it crashes) you don't see or hear it arrive or leave

That's only partially true. It's been implied that it's has a sort of perception filter so no one thinks it looks out of place, but it doesn't stop them seeing it. The TARDIS has been spotted many times, and it's certainly been heard. There's episodes where Rose and others have heard the sound, gone to look only for him to have left (or just arrived). It's also been said that humans simply don't spot odd looking things like a TARDIS.

The TARDIS has a chameleon circuit which is supposed to disguise it as something that won't look out of place. Unfortunately The Doctors TARDIS has a faulty chameleon circuit which left it stuck in the shape of a 1950's Police Box. It has been implied that The Doctor could fix it (I believe he has on occasion) but he likes it as it is.

I do know about the chameleon circuit

What I meant about it been heard is by people who don't already know about it Rose ect do so therefor can hear it

• Paid Members
What I meant about it been heard is by people who don't already know about it Rose ect do so therefor can hear it

I'm pretty sure it's been heard many a time by those that don't know and by those that do before they've seen it. I'm not 100% sure, but I am reasonably.

Thought as an opener of sorts last night's episode was excellent.

Really liked the way the story slowly unfolded from some horrible beast and creepy stuff happening to a last of it's kind animal saving everyone. Went from having 2 or 3 different possible enemies to none really.

Then the undercurrent story of the Doctor being pissed off already with Amy and his struggles with Humans vs Aliens to her proving herself to him and establishing her character by realising how alike the beast and the Doctor were, the last of their kind using their woes to help humans. Very strong opening episodes so far.

Forgot to say the shot of the crack at the end was awesome too. Moffat is already doing a great job of the ongoing story. Was quite a sting in the tail ending

Was the crack meant to symbolise something?

I assumed it was carrying on from last weeks where Amy had one in her bedroom, maybe why he needs her with him. Also probably links into the "slience is coming" stuff

• Paid Members
Forgot to say the shot of the crack at the end was awesome too. Moffat is already doing a great job of the ongoing story. Was quite a sting in the tail ending

Was the crack meant to symbolise something?

I assumed it was carrying on from last weeks where Amy had one in her bedroom, maybe why he needs her with him. Also probably links into the "slience is coming" stuff

Yeah, at the end of last week's episode there was a crack on the TARDIS scanner aswell.