New Doctor Who

stewdogg

They explained the thing with Freema as it being Marshas cousin who worked at Torchwood.

And something similar with Torchwoods Gwen and series one's Gwyneth. TW's Toshiko was in series one too, though... not for long enough for anyone to care ;)

No one seems to care that Colin Baker was in the show before he was the Doctor...

• Paid Members
I thought that was a great episode with the exception of that last few minuites which I felt was so random and out of place and for me just didn't work.

I think you'll find that was probably the point.

I have a replica Dalek exactly the same as that in my living room.

I think we need a picture of that with a fork :)

By the way, is it just me or does anyone else feel that the show's taken on a more subtle adult tone? In terms of the humour, the whole Amy Pond after a quickie with the Doctor in last weeks episode and the general darkness of some of the episodes?

By the way, loved the line "parents do anything to get their children into a good school, they move house, they change... religion"

Edited by Steveo2007

• Paid Members
The thing with it was it beign early evening you can't really go into the whole Vampire thing.

They weren't Vampires :nerd:

I mean the Mail kicked up a fuss with girls in sheets.

What girls in sheets? :omg:

I Know they weren't Vampires, but for large parts they were portrayed a such, and hell they even bit your neck! No matter what they turned out to be it played on the Vampire element. It was even called Vampires In Venice and had it been another show they would have clearly made it more violent. Thats all I was saying

And by sheets I meant the white dresses they were in, which the Mail called 'sheets'.

• Paid Members
I Know they weren't Vampires, but for large parts they were portrayed a such, and hell they even bit your neck! No matter what they turned out to be it played on the Vampire element. It was even called Vampires In Venice and had it been another show they would have clearly made it more violent. Thats all I was saying

Dude, I was being a geek, hence the nerd smiley. More than once someone (Rory) referred to them as Vampires to which The Doctor replied "They're not vampires"

And by sheets I meant the white dresses they were in, which the Mail called 'sheets'.

The Mail really kicked up about that? What did they say?

Apologies, I've come out of a label meeting, I'm humourless atm.

Yeah they kicked up about it being too sexy for kids TV, while putting a huge picture of these girls under the headline (sort of missing their own point really) They've pretty much targeted the show atm.

• Paid Members
Just read the article, the writer described the Vampires as 'scantily clad' :laugh: I think I saw a glimpse of ankle at one point under those long dresses, Phwoooar. That paper never ceases to amaze me

Link?