New Doctor Who

stewdogg

• Paid Members
Saturday's Dakek story was utter shit. At least next weeks, with the return of the Weeping Angels, looks a massive improvement.

In theory, dearie......

In reality, it could be shite, and polute the Weeping Angels canon. I enjoyed the first one a lot, and would have have been quite happy for it to remain a one off, with no reappearances.

I get what you're saying Digby, but from all the reviews I've read of it, it seems this is just a brilliant 2 parter from start to finish, with some genuinely creepy moments.

Also we never saw the Doctor face them, he is onyl breifly in that episode, so it'll certainly feel fresh. Plus I doubt Moffat would have had them back in if he didn't have a good enoughs tory for them.

The Dalek episode was dissapointing, but I know what it was trying to do (set them up for a return some time) I just felt that it could have been done better. Like the new colours, though i'm still crying out for a black and gold / silver grey one.

• Paid Members
Saturday's Dakek story was utter shit. At least next weeks, with the return of the Weeping Angels, looks a massive improvement.

What was shit about it? I thought it was a really good story, not only does it work on its own, but it set some interesting seeds for later on. Cracks in time? Amy didn't know the Daleks? Tardis still arriving late? I'm very interested to see where this is leading.

Also we never saw the Doctor face them, he is onyl breifly in that episode, so it'll certainly feel fresh. Plus I doubt Moffat would have had them back in if he didn't have a good enoughs tory for them.

I quite agree, I think if we delt with all our PM's in this manner they'd probably do a much better job :)

Edited by DJ Kris

Tbh I'm struggling to think of a really good Dalek episode. I think Dalek in the first series was the closest, with the one Dalek going full out to kill and the Doctor being in a complete mess about it (though it was ruined by a shit ending) Apart from that its always too quick, 'oh donna destroys them all by pushing a button'. I hope the next Dalek story is a 3 or 4 parter, I really want a big, full on great Dalek story.

The problem with the Daleks is that they are pretty much used up as menace in Doctor Who, and really, apart from Dalek in the Eccleston series, they have been since the 1960s.

But they are iconic and sell a lot of merchandise. And inevitably their name will bring in viewing figures.

The irony is that the Cybermen have also ran their course as well.

I thought the story was good, but it could have been a two-episode affair. The Daleks masquerading as 'Ironsides' bit was far too rushed. One thing I did like though was the sets. They came under a bit of flak by TV 'Critic' Jon Wise in the People on Sunday as being cheap, and I assume he meant the Dalek spaceship, but I liked it. Very retro.

Maybe the next Dalek story though can be called Sick of the Daleks.

I agree on the sets, I thought all of them looked good tbh, even the Dalek ship (very Star Trek)

The thing is, the Daleks need to be more like the Borg. A real menacing threat that when they come, they make you a Dalek. Play that up, show people scared. Show them in the shadows, and really have them evil as fuck. Give them 2 or 3 years off now, and bring them in for a christmas episode.

Personally I always thought the Cybermen lost there edge when the show went into colour. In black and white they're stunningly creepy.

• 2 weeks later...

Not being a fan of the Tennant stuff I haven't commented on Dr Who on here BUT I have to say, after years of "will they, wont they" with various assistants, having one turn around quite early on in the relationship and just proposition him was brilliant. And the line about sorting her out was ace.

Not being a fan of the Tennant stuff I haven't commented on Dr Who on here BUT I have to say, after years of "will they, wont they" with various assistants, having one turn around quite early on in the relationship and just proposition him was brilliant. And the line about sorting her out was ace.

I can see the Daily Mail article now.

Good episode though. And she's not the typical whimpering love struck assistant we've seen in the past so it is quite an original way to go with it.