What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Fucking hell, that was hilarious. I'm actually in pain from laughing so hard.

The first two episodes were good, though sort of built towards the big funny scene whereas this episode was pretty much gold throughout. THE INBETWEENERS~

• 4 weeks later...

Just bumped this topic back up, so what are watching?

Please share :)

Heroes is back on tonight on bbc 2, they are showing 2 eps back to back. I watched both the bbc2 and 3 episodes last time so will only need to watch the 2nd one.

For those who like documentaries last night was good on bbc2 a programme looking at how the first humans travelled out of Africa.

Channel 5 - The Man Behind the DaVinci Code. Tied in with premiere of Angels and Demons, they also showed The DaVinci Code film.

TUF 9 on Virgin 1 +1 ;)

Anyone know when the Justin Lee Collins programme is on where he has a go at being a Luchadore?

The Sky Mag seemed to say this Tuesday but it doesn't look like it on the EPG.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

New season of Ideal starts on BBC 3 tonight. Fantastic show.

I would encourage people to watch Heroes as well. It's reached the point where it's so badly written that it's hilarious. The season finale is comedy gold.

• Paid Members

People seem to always say Heroes was brilliant in it's first season but has rapidly gone downhill but that confuses me.

Heroes season 1 was FUCKING SHIT...I honestly can't beleive it's got worse since then.

I love the Inbetweeners. Can't believe it was already 6 episodes. I loved the exam stress bit, it was just like that for me, i even said to someone "is that a word? It doesn't look right?" but not about the word council.

Big Bang Theory still ranks up there but i think they've gotten slapdash with certain things while stiffening up on others. Last episode on E4 they mentioned that Howard was seeing Leslie Winkle but no one has mentioned what happened to Stephanie, Leonards kinda sexy girlfriend. Last i remember Leonard try to cool things but ended up sleeping together. I know it's nitpicking but still, i liked Stephanie :)

Just gotten into Firefly. I enjoy it, though it can be a bit trashy in parts. Loved the film too. (Serenity)

Akihabara@Deep

Description:

Akihabara is a Tokyo district full of mangas, anime, electronics, video games, figurines, etc. It is a place that gathers fanatics of such themes, people who are commonly referred to as otaku. Page, Box, Akira, Taiko, Daruma, and Izumu are six otaku each with his/her own troubles and sought relief through a website called "Yui

• Paid Members
People seem to always say Heroes was brilliant in it's first season but has rapidly gone downhill but that confuses me.

Heroes season 1 was FUCKING SHIT...I honestly can't beleive it's got worse since then.

Oh believe it.

At least in series 1 they had something resembling a structure (largely because they were stealing from other sources, I suppose) and the characters all acted somewhat consistantly.

Now? It's like it's written by the Family Guy Manitees.

Examples below.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Despite spending most of the last season without them, Hiro found out in the Finale that HIS POWERS ARE KILLING HIM. Seriously, he had them back for like two weeks and now they're killing him. Also Parkman spent the whole season convinced he and Daphne were destined to be together. A week after she died, he was trying to get back with his ex-wife. He's a good guy, apparently.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

While it is funny, you do have to ignore the fact that it's been renewed for another season while far superior shows like Chuck, Dollhouse, Reaper and The Sarah Connor Chronicles are either on the bubble or just flat out done.

I'll be sad to see any of those shows go.

Edited by unfitfinlay

adding to the inbetweeners love here. wasnt into it at first but d/l the first series the week the second started and loved it.

probably wont be mentioned much here but im really getting into 90210. i watched the original series in the 90's in parts so i was willing to give it a go and enjoyed it from the start. me and my sister never miss it (well she does but catches up online later in the week)

adding to the inbetweeners love here. wasnt into it at first but d/l the first series the week the second started and loved it.

probably wont be mentioned much here but im really getting into 90210. i watched the original series in the 90's in parts so i was willing to give it a go and enjoyed it from the start. me and my sister never miss it (well she does but catches up online later in the week)

The new 90210 is absolute gash, and this is coming from someone who watches One Tree Hill. It's just god-awful.

One that I don't think gets enough recognition is Pulling on BBC3, think Paul Kaye is great in it. It has been axed though after two series which is a shame but there is a one off 1 hour special this Sunday to wrap things up which I am looking forward to!

:yinyang: Currently watching C.S.I: New York and it's still great, i'm looking foward to the final episode

but i'm worried at the same time as i've heard that a member of the team is killed and that another is shot at the very end of the episode(i hate fecking cliffhangers)

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Anyone been watching 'Sons of Anarchy'? Just started on Bravo (episode 2 is this Tuesday on Bravo) and I downloaded the Pilot from iTunes.

Seems like a good idea for a show, I wonder how much flack they are taking over the subject matter, some pretty shocking stuff in the pilot even if it is a bit messy.

Thorughly enjoyed it.

Who saw Heroes last night and what do you reckon of the ending with Sylar?

It was an interesting idea but I can't say I liked it.

Having someone's memories doesn't make you that person. It doesn't give you their personality, and there's nothing to suggest you would act or react in any situation the same way as the person whose memories you've adopted. Even though she grew concerned after traits of the old Sylar began to emerge, for Angela to ever even partially accept this new Nathan as the same son she found dead is absurd.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Last night I caught the first 20 minutes of the new show on sky called "lie to me" with Tim Roth.

It was very cheesy and gimmicky and made me sad to see Tim Roth in such a thing as I consider him one of my all time favs :(