What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Forgot it was on so caught the tale end of them in the boat and the one's who name i can never remember punching the fish to death :laugh: But after that was Star Stories. I love that show. Tonights was Peter Andre and Jordan and they completely slaughtered Kerry Katona. Love it.

eastenders was out of this world tonight

Definitely.

Easily one of the best in years, so much going on that came to a head in one single episode, loved it.

I'm going to start watching this every night from now on, Archie scares the hell out of me though.

Edited by Steveo2007

Battlestar Galactica box set has just turned up. Few nights in ahead. As well as seasons 1 to 4 (to the mid-season break anyway) it has the mini-series and Razor so if anyone is unsure about getting it you do get all the back story you need.

It's the longer serving characters that keep me watching these days, and has been for a long time. If Harold, Lou, Toadie and the original Kennedys all left, I'd probably stop making the effort.

Just realised I left Paul Robinson off this list, and there's a reason why. His recentish "heel turn" was executed terribly, killing what had been the best character on the show since his return a few years ago. His brain tumour-induced "face turn" was one of the most - well, I daren't say compelling around here, but one of my favourite storylines in a long time, and deserved a better conclusion.

I understand the writers wanting him to be evil again, as they clearly had no ideas for him as a good guy, but the transition was very disappointing. They should have at least ripped off the scene from The Simpsons where Homer leaves a note for Lisa, as he's gone to have the crayon put back in his brain.

Definitely.

Easily one of the best in years, so much going on that game to a head in one single episode, loved it.

I'm going to start watching this every night from now on, Archie scares the hell out of me though.

I wanted to see Phil open up a can of whup ass on Archie! :angry:

Definitely.

Easily one of the best in years, so much going on that came to a head in one single episode, loved it.

I wanted to see Phil open up a can of whup ass on Archie! :angry:

I think that would have been too predictable, it would be more interesting to see Peggy show some form of forgiveness to Archie.

Edited by Steveo2007

^ This.

My flatmate was so excited about Skins when it came on but it was the most nonsencial drivel i've ever seen. And i've been forced to watch Laguna Beach! I never felt old until about two months ago when i saw the NME cover with Skins: Worlds Best Teenage Drama, i nearly cried.

Inbetweeners hits all the personal experience buttons with me. I am definently Will, except without the private school part. Ich Bin Uber-nerd. Inbetweeners strikes me like a prequel to Peep Show, dead on and cringe worthy.

For me Skins is just unbelievable nonsense. Who really experience anything like that when they were that age? Why is everyone so complicated? nobody has normal parents for instance, which is the laziest form of teenage nonsense ever.

The Inbetweeners was what my 6th form days were like and I'm sure for most as well. Read an interesting interview with the guy who plays Will, saying Skins was what teenagers want to think their teenage years will be like (huge parties) but the inbetweeners is what actually happens (shit house parties and general failure)

Skins appeals to kids at about 14, who think thats whats going to happen when they hit 17, it wont!

btw, in skins, i caught the last one, and the girl they're fighting over? why? she's not that fit at all.

Anyway, well into Mad Men, Supernatural and Fringe at the moment. They all seem to be getting better and better