What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Im really enjoying the american version of The Office.

NBC could not renew or cancel any show in production I guess.

Considering they are only planning to air 2 hours of drama or comedy from June that pretty much sums up the situation.

Then hours of chat shows :rolleyes:

Edited by remlap

I've finally caught up on Chuck.

Absolutely loving it so far. :D

I've heard rumours its not getting renewed for a 3rd season. I'll be majorly pissed if it doesn't.

Wouldn't that be a good thing though?

The tradition with American TV is to milk something to the point where you hate it or the writers simply run out of ideas.

I've never seen Chuck but with most American TV shows, they should sometimes adopt what UK TV does and that's end a sitcom when it's on top so as to not taint the image and disappoint fans.

Heroes is really a show that I can emphasise this point. Personally, I think they could have just done the one season and created a better ending and we would all have much better feelings about it because of just how good season 1 was and not have it tainted by the shit of season 2 & 3.

I gave Heroes a miss on Monday, I'm getting frustrated with watching it now :(

Stuff I have watched and enjoyed last night was the story following the Harrods Lion. Basically 2 Auzzie chaps living in London in the swinging 60s bought a Lion cub from Harrods caring for it lmuch like a huge dog then eventually releasing it into the wild. Here is a youtube video that got people interested in it.

Reunited with the Harrods Lion

Later on I saw Shameless which I have got back into watching. I had stopped bothering with it ages as thought it was just a bit silly but found myself enjoying it.

Oh yeah following that had a chuckle at The Big Bang Theory. So all Channel 4 for me!

Don't forget The Apprentice is back on tonight!

It wasn't that good. The Sylar bit was decent (though the kid's annoying), but nothing else stood out for me.

Sylar & the kid weren't in this weeks episode? This weeks episodes was mainly about Hiro/Ando, Tracey/Rebel & Matt/Daphne.

I might start a thread for this programme - Gary: Young, Psychic and Possessed shown on bbc 3 about a young bloke who claims to heal people channeling the spirit of Abraham. It is available of iplayer and will be shown again on the telly.

Could be some interesting debate to had about this one!

Edited by Dynamite Duane