What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

The shows I currently watch ever week are 24,Lost,TV Burp and Hustle.

Only got into Hustle this series after my cousin raved about it for the last few years. Really fun show. Last week (with the diamond necklace) I guessed the con a few mins before the big 'reveal' at the end, which made me feel all clever lol. Cousin has lent me Series 1 and 2 so am working my way through them.

Hey us northerners aren't all negative hate filled people you smug southern twat.

Anyway I was instructed to bring my discussion here.

Anybody watch Argumental on Dave?

It's a quality show and I love the banter between Rufus and Marcus.

2nd series of Mad Men starts this week. The first was a real slow burner, a brilliantly understated drama. Reminded me of the old BBC style of dramas, with all the repressed emotions and tensions being played out through decent acting rather than long expositional dialogue as the Americans tend to do nowadays.

Also, finally got going on The Wire. Jury is still out as to whether it's DA BESTEST EVA, but it is really, really good so far.

Anyone watch the new Minder last night on 5?

I enjoyed it but probably not gritty enough for a lot of people who like their yank programmes. Good to see something focussing on London after watching the miserable northerners on Waterloo Road ;):p

My step dad watched minder and said it was absolute guff. I am 21 but really enjoy watching the old minder on itv 4.When I saw this one coming on I instantly thought Disaster. The guy who plays Archie's nephew's minder doesnt evan look like he can have a fight. I'm probably going to end up watching the new one one time or another but I can already guarentee I wont like it

Ive got Fringe all downloaded. I watched the first few epsidoes, and havent really had a huge desire to watch any more. Does it get much better as it goes on?

The latest episode of The Office is up there as one of the best ever, too.

Indeed it does. Once you get to know the characters a bit more and the background etc.

The shows I currently watch ever week are 24,Lost,TV Burp and Hustle.

Only got into Hustle this series after my cousin raved about it for the last few years. Really fun show. Last week (with the diamond necklace) I guessed the con a few mins before the big 'reveal' at the end, which made me feel all clever lol. Cousin has lent me Series 1 and 2 so am working my way through them.

Avoid series 4, it's wank.

We watch it now and then when there's nothing else on but I think it's a bit shit really.

Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares... add that to my love for MasterChef!

• Paid Members

I've been watching Season 3 out of totally misguided loyalty. It's absolutely ridiculous. Aside from my unsettling fondness for Kaya Scodelario (she's not even 17 yet, I need help) it's absurd TV. Mackenzie Crook hamming it up as the local gangster has been quite excellent though.

• Moderators

Hah. It's the epitomy of a 'guilty pleasures' TV show. Watching something so patently absurd just because of the hot teenage girls.

I couldn't even watch it in front of anyone, but I watched the first episode on a late night repeat..

I think I'll have to catch another one now, and justify it to myself by saying I want to see Mackenzie Crook as a gangster.

• Paid Members

In the last episode he downed a freshly boiled pot noodle to show the freshly landed immigrant from the Congo what kind of person he was dealing with. I want to murder that kid who plays "Cook" in the new series. No one talks like that in real life. No one. Also Freddie's initial skateboard entrance in the first episode was unbelievable. SKins has always been far fetched but that was just insane.

Hey us northerners aren't all negative hate filled people you smug southern twat.

Anyway I was instructed to bring my discussion here.

I was only joking Steve, hence the smilies :) One of my best friends is a jordy, I love his sense of humour.

Edited by Dynamite Duane