What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Masterchef. Lots of it.

BBC2, UKTV Food, and now Watch.

Other than football, wrestling and Masterchef... er, fuck all... keeping an eye on the old South Park and Dragons Den to see whats worth plussing....

But once more: Masterchef! For me, the best thing on TV.

:)

• Paid Members

Well, I finished watching Freaks and Geeks and really did enjoy it. I'm gonna stick with my original observation that it's Dazed & Confused the series but all the characters are just fantastic, not one unlikeable person in the main cast.

I finally started season 2 of Dexter as well but as my girlfriend's currently watching it on ITV2, we're trying to stay at the same pace... Until she comes home this weekend and I give her the rest of them on disc. One of my mates is also watching it on ITV2 and she said before I started watching it that ever episode had something that you couldn't miss and she's absolutely right, it's a bit like crack.

Anyway, watching once I caught up with the ITV2 episodes, I started watching Undeclared to follow on from Freaks and I'm really enjoying it. Unfortunately, the DVD has the episodes out of sequence and I only realised 7 episodes in so I've gotta get them in the right order from now on. It's nowhere near as endearing as Freaks and is very much a lighthearted comedy in comparison but I've been watching it in blocks of 3 at a time and still wanting to watch more.

Just finished watching John from Cincinatti. Was really enjoyable, if completely pretentious. I enjoyed the abstract nature of the entire thing, but from others I've spoke to, they've not enjoyed it. I can see why it never advanced past half-season one off though.

• Paid Members

I've been devoted to MasterChef recently.

It's odd that despite not enjoying cooking I love this show - plus, the term "big flavours" has entered my everyday vocabulary.

Mat to win - he wants it so much more than anyone else.

I've been devoted to MasterChef recently.

It's odd that despite not enjoying cooking I love this show - plus, the term "big flavours" has entered my everyday vocabulary.

Mat to win - he wants it so much more than anyone else.

:thumbsup:

I haven't watched anything as great as MasterChef "in a very, very long time".

It amazes me how brash some people are who go on there when they blatantly couldn't be trusted to make you a decent plate of egg and chips.

We always laugh when the first scallop comes on. You can't have an episode of MasterChef without scallops. Truth.

• Paid Members
Getting into Everybody Loves Raymond.

I absolutely love it as the characters are well defined and easily recogniseable. His mum is the best thing about it.

You're encroaching on self-parody here.

Getting into Everybody Loves Raymond.

I absolutely love it as the characters are well defined and easily recogniseable. His mum is the best thing about it.

You're encroaching on self-parody here.

Probably, but I do truly love the show.

I do personally feel the characters are well defined in the sense of their purpose in the show.

Edit: House is on again tonight I think or at least has been on already I'm not sure as it's in America but I absolutely love it.

Edited by Steveo2007

I've been re-watching Sean Lock's sitcom that nobody watched, 15 Storeys High. It's brilliant. Buy it!

Comean'cleanye'andsonmecoat...

I remember that being on at the time (BBC3? BBC4?), I watched the whole thing, and despite really wanting to enjoy it, felt a bit let down. Had it's moments, but that was about it.

On a BBC note though, just rewatched both series of Early Doors on DVD, love love love it! I noticed BBC4 have been rerunning it, hopefully it will pick up some new viewers as it's a real gem. Relatively ageless too, apart from the smoking ban and pint prices...

The first time I watched 15 Storeys I didn't get it and didn't put it on again for weeks but I now think it's one the best sitcoms ever created. Just such an unusual approach with genuinely different humour. Like Seinfeld focusing on the comedy of mundanity and 'nothing'-ness, but so very British. I've been meaning to pick up the 2-series set for the commentaries. Check out the radio show and '15 Minutes of Misery' if you want more.

I've been pacing myself through Curb Your Enthusiasm series six. I'm almost afraid to watch them too quick as it means no more :(. I think it's a definite improvement on the fifth series which, while great, dragged a little at times, getting a bit too far out there. The Blacks have brought a new freshness to the series and Jeff and Suzie have excelled.

My favourite bits are when Larry ruins the school entrance interview for Jeff and, Suzie's kid, initially thinking Jeff's anger was fake but then him hilariously conveying the anger as genuine- it's just he's more nervous of Suzie's subsequent moaning than his kid not getting into the school.

Also, although it's one of the few times Larry and Suzie are allied, when they think the waiter has been slipping something into their doggy bag she gave to their dog, and Larry having to go back to confront him, the way she relishes suggesting to Larry 'Tell him you shit all over yourself all day. Shitting in your pants, can't make it to the toilet, you got shit running down your leg.' was wonderful.

Edited by Registration_Form