What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Apparently BBC2 have got the rights to show The Wire.

They are apparently showing season 1-5 over the space of 3 weeks.

I've never seen the Wire before but I'll definitely be watching due to all the amazing things i've heard about it. Hope it's sometime soon, it's still "TBC" when it's airing.

According to this it starts on March 28th.

I've just bought The Soprano's season1 too and shall be watching them over the next few days or so. It's another series i've never seen before but got due to the high praise.

I recently started watching The Sopranos S1 on Virgin

I've never seen the Wire before but I'll definitely be watching due to all the amazing things i've heard about it. Hope it's sometime soon, it's still "TBC" when it's airing.

It looks like I got the date wrong. I was just flicking through the TV listings for next week and it has The Wire starting on Monday March 30th at 11:20 PM on BBC 2, and going through to Friday, then continuing on the following Monday. It has it listed as one episode per night. So I think at that rate it should finish on June 19th.

It looks like I got the date wrong. I was just flicking through the TV listings for next week and it has The Wire starting on Monday March 30th at 11:20 PM on BBC 2, and going through to Friday, then continuing on the following Monday. It has it listed as one episode per night. So I think at that rate it should finish on June 19th.

Will BBC I player be showing repeats of the show online?

• Paid Members

I don't see why not.

That's a pretty heavy duty schedule. I personally found The Wire to be best when viewed at least a couple of episodes at a time because it's such an absorbing show that to leave long gaps in between episodes can disrupt the narrative and make you forget some of the amazing little details and touches that won't be covered or recapped for you in the next one. That said, one episode every single night is asking a lot of people. I guess Iplayer and HDD recorders are built for this kind of thing.

Personally I'd suggest using it as a chance to watch the first few episodes for free and then picking up the DVDs when you inevitably decide that it's awesome. You won't regret it.

• Paid Members

I have started watching Battlestar Galactica. About 7 episodes into season 1 and it had a strong start and seems to be growing into something really special. I know alot of people love it, and while just know I only just really like it I can definitely see it becoming a favorite if the episodes keep getting better and better like they have so far.

I have started watching Battlestar Galactica. About 7 episodes into season 1 and it had a strong start and seems to be growing into something really special. I know alot of people love it, and while just know I only just really like it I can definitely see it becoming a favorite if the episodes keep getting better and better like they have so far.

It's amazing and I'm surprised there's not a thread for it on here to be honest. The final ever episode is tonight so I recommend you picking up the full box set when it's all over.

Just a kinda notification.

BIG BANG THEORY SERIES 3 ON E4 TOMORROW at 9.30 (kick ass)

Started rewatching 3rd Rock from the Sun again. I forgot how brilliant it was. Especially todays couple of epsiode with William Shatner as the Big Giant Head

Technically its the second half of season 2, dunno why E4 are advertising it as a new series :confused:

But I love the show anyways, have only just watched both seasons over the last month or so and downloaded the newest ones so I am all up to date - love Sheldon, great character and Penny :love:

Technically its the second half of season 2, dunno why E4 are advertising it as a new series :confused:

But I love the show anyways, have only just watched both seasons over the last month or so and downloaded the newest ones so I am all up to date - love Sheldon, great character and Penny :love:

Have to agree 100%

Easily one of the funniest sitcoms in years.

It's amazing and I'm surprised there's not a thread for it on here to be honest. The final ever episode is tonight so I recommend you picking up the full box set when it's all over.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/5446707/Bat...et/Product.html -

Breaking Bad season 2 has started recently and if it's anything like Season 1 then I'm sure it'll be amazing.

I haven't seen any of S2 yet but I'm currently downloading the first 3 eps and I must say Bryan Cranston is utterly brilliant.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/5446707/Bat...et/Product.html -