What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Currently watching:

Neighbours (Australian Pace)

Alias (Second time around for me. Classic series)

The US Office - this is a top quality comedy that people don't seem to realise exists. Far far superior to the British one, each character is brilliantly done, with special mention to Jenna Fischer as Pam the receptionist. She's got her character absolutely spot on.

Grey's Anatomy - excellent series. Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned. Consistantly brilliant episodes.

Private Practice - If you like Grey's Anatomy, you'll like this

Family Guy - See my thread on the subject

Lost - it's absolutely ridiculous but I still watch it.

Dr Who - always watch an episode of Dr Who to help me fall asleep. Currently I'm back at William Hartnell and I'm on The War Machines. Old Doctor Who is consistantly brilliant until 1980.

Outnumbered - Funniest British Comedy in years. Can't understand how it's not really spoken about on this forum. Basically it's partially improvised as the two young children are pretty much let loose to do what they want. The writers whisper in their ear what to say to Hugh Dennis and Claire Skinner and they then have to work with it. Since she's not acting and is so comfortable in front of camera, the wee girl is the greatest TV character of all time.

On my 'to-watch' list

Deadwood - I've got this lined up. Not too sure about it, but Lovejoy in a western seems a decent thing

Ally McBeal - Had never seen it but got the boxed set as a Christmas present. Seems quite good but haven't got into full swing with it yet

Six Feet Under - Again, I ws given the boxed set without seeing it. Got to mid-way through Series 2 but it's just so fucking slow and depressing that I gave up. Will have to try again to get my money's worth. Does it get any better?

I Claudius - It's mean't to be great, so why not.

LOST and Damages. That's about it. Waiting for Dexter to come back.

Currently watching:

Neighbours (Australian Pace)

I think you misread the thread title. Pay particular attention to the second word.

Neighbours is fantastic mate, but hey, at least someone else is watching Damages! That and Mad Men are both really good US imports on the BBC, although I always miss Mad Men lately.

Not watching a whole lot lately. The usual soaps, Damages most weeks and was previously watching Skins. The Inbetweeners is back Thursday though, which is probably a bit better than Skins.

Neighbours at UK pace is epic right now :blush: I've avoided all spoilers about the Zeke missing/dead storyline because I;m a huge mark for him.

Neighbours at UK pace is epic right now :blush: I've avoided all spoilers about the Zeke missing/dead storyline because I;m a huge mark for him.

He's rubbish. He's lost any sense of character since he and Rachel first arrived on the show. For years now he's just been there. Hopefully that's about to change. But I expect he'll be back, once they've all got their initial "grieving" storylines out of the way.

Zeke pisses me right off. The actor who plays him is so unconvincing as a tough guy, yet he tries so hard. See the character development of Zeke towards the end of the 2008 season (i.e. just before he went missing).

But he's still more likeable than Rachel.

Ringo is a bit pointless too, but I like Declan. He's a character with a bit of substance to him.

Similarly Rebecca is a great character.

Ringo is a bit pointless too

Definitely.

but I like Declan. He's a character with a bit of substance to him.

I wasn't satisfied with his redemption following the whole bailing out on Bridget thing. He got let off far too lightly.

• Paid Members

I've watched some of the best TV ever over the last year from start to finish, in this order:

The Wire

Deadwood (stopped midway Season 2 after I got bored)

The Shield

Entourage

Brotherhood

Rescue me

Shameless (currently on Series 2)

Best year of TV I've ever had! Besides The Sopranos & 24, nothing has come close previously! Not sure where to go after Shameless runs out!

Oh, and I also watched all the UK & US Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares throughout 2008. Awesome stuff.

(I'm excluding comedy like Family Guy, South Park, The Office, Flight of the Conchords, Screenwipe, Extras, etc - we're talking TV drama here!)

I've watched some of the best TV ever over the last year from start to finish, in this order:

The Wire

Deadwood (stopped midway Season 2 after I got bored)

The Shield

Entourage

Brotherhood

Rescue me

Shameless (currently on Series 2)

Best year of TV I've ever had! Besides The Sopranos & 24, nothing has come close previously! Not sure where to go after Shameless runs out!

If you haven't seen them, I would suggest:

Dexter

Generation Kill

Breaking Bad

Damages

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (seriously)

Veronica Mars

Six Feet Under

Friday Night Lights

Sons of Anarchy

True Blood

Ultraviolet (British show, with a pre-Wire Idris Elba)

But he's still more likeable than Rachel.

No one is more likeable than Rachel. :love:

Donna.

Ringo and Declan are both pretty rubbish. Also, Donna's brother and sister seem to be similarly awful. I hate about 75% of the Neighbours cast really, especially the Parker family. UGH.

It's the longer serving characters that keep me watching these days, and has been for a long time. If Harold, Lou, Toadie and the original Kennedys all left, I'd probably stop making the effort.

But then there's Donna...

It's the longer serving characters that keep me watching these days, and has been for a long time. If Harold, Lou, Toadie and the original Kennedys all left, I'd probably stop making the effort.

But then there's Donna...

Yeah, I pretty much agree. Steve, Miranda, Didge and Steph make my blood boil with RAGE however.

Apart from the characters you mentioned, I like Lucas (although I'm not entirely sure why), Elle (obvious reasons) and Zeke. Then there are plenty of characters that I don't dislike, I just don't care about them at all.

The character I hate the most is Mickey. Just fuck off. Your parents have left and you're still in the show. Why? Probably because the producers didn't want to upset his real life parents into pulling his brother (who plays Ben) out as well.

But all he does is stand there grinning now. That's only slightly less annoying than the endless cycle of 'Mickey runs away from home' storylines.

I don't mind the rest of the Parkers too much though.

Lucas and Dan are both great characters imho.

I'm not sure if you dislike Donna from your post above, but I don't mind her. Her siblings annoy me though.