What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I like Workaholics. It kind of like season 1 of Always Sunny but i don't think the first season is anywhere near as good as the rest so it could be difficult to get into.

New Girl is great but it could be a bit similar to Happy Endings.

Will check out Workaholics. I saw a fair amount of New Girl but again a bit meh. Pretty much watched it as Dechanel is the one.

Children's Hospital and Workaholics?

EDIT: Archer and Party Down

Saw about 4/5 episodes of Archer but gave up. Will give Party Down another go in fact as watched it too long ago. Big Adam Scott fan too so hopefully better 2nd time round.

Trailer Park Boys might be something you'd enjoy adequate, reminds me alot of It's Always Sunny at times.

Not heard of it but will check it out, thanks!

Trailer Park Boys might be something you'd enjoy adequate, reminds me alot of It's Always Sunny at times.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. I recommended it to someone at a party recently saying the exact same thing. They're not similar at all, in the slightest, but there's something about the comedy and over all feel that make them reminiscent of each other.

And to the guy who asked the question, I thought Episodes was great, particularly the second series.

Definitely gonna try Episodes too. Looking like that and Modern Family for the next two.

Thanks everyone!

• Paid Members

I watched a new American series called Wedding band.

Well the pilot anyways which wasn't too bad. I'm not a big fan of comedy's going on for 40 mins but it went by pretty quick.

It's Brian Austin Green (Megan Fox husband) and Augustus Hill (STANDING UP :cry:) and two other guys in a wedding band. Starts off a bit like Wedding Crashers.

• Paid Members
I've been watching Breaking Bad, halfway through season 2 now. It's a good show and everything, but it's filled with so many totally unlikable dickbag characters.

oh, it doesn't get any rosier, trust me.

a good friend of mine recently said he started watching Breaking Bad but gave up after 2 episode because it didn't make him laugh :confused:. I got angry at him because he dismissed it so off the cuff and that he needed to stick with it, but he's more of a 24 kind of guy so i let it go. I don't know anyone who hasn't loved Breaking Bad that stuck it out throughout the series, amazing show.

I've been working through Ice Road Truckers - Season 2 this week, it's just like comfort viewing for me. Considering the danger of the job and the constant threats of 'breaking through the ice', nothing ever really happens, but like i said it's just comfort viewing and it's pretty cool getting to know the drivers, even though my favorite dropped out early in the season due to illness :(

The Office - US version. I'd watched a bit of it sporadically over the years without really getting into it. Signed up to LoveFilm recently so thought I'd give it a go from the start and now I can't stop watching it. Other than the first two episodes where they were replicating aspects and scene's from the original, it has started taking it's own shape.

Although filmed in a mocumentry style, it doesn't feel like one. In some instances the camera is a character itself. It still works but it feels more like a sitcom than the original office felt.

Dwight is a great character and is a far more over the top version than Gareth. Having said that, all of the characters against there counterparts are. Whether this is just the way Americans are or is purposely done this way for the benefit of the American audience I don't know.

I know there are a few seasons, does it maintain it's standard or does it inevitable get poor?

• Paid Members
I know there are a few seasons, does it maintain it's standard or does it inevitable get poor?

Having watched the series through up to mid season on the current run, the form definitely drops a bit after Michael Scott leaves during season 7, but Dwight's antics keep me from turning off completely

Giving it till season 7 is mega generous. I thought seasons 1-4 were solid gold. But 5-6 are really hit and miss, some absolute shite episodes and some big storylines (no spoilers) are rushed through and harm some characters.

I basically hung on till Michael left. There's a few good episodes around that time but by start of season eight I finally broke the habit and stopped watching. The latest season (Season 9) is the last so I may dip back in for some closure. Actually it'll be a great time to re-watch the old episodes I did like.

In conclusion if someone bought me the whole series on dvd I'd cherish seasons 1-4 and then write down a handful of good episodes from the remaining seasons. It really does get weak in my opinion.

• Paid Members

yeh the show loses its legs after Michael leaves, its still entertaining but no one can replace Michael Scott.

When i recommend the show i always say you need to get through the first season (which is only 3 hours long) before the shows finds itself. Lots of people still see it as a bad American ripoff though which is annoying.

• Paid Members
The editors of the Undateables deserve to be fucking shot. They take a very sensitive subject matter, and present it in a way you cant help but laugh at. I mean, I love it, and will watch it, because it

• Paid Members
Dwight is a great character and is a far more over the top version than Gareth.

I'm so happy that from where you are up to at the moment you haven't had the joy of the snow fights between Jim and Dwight in series 7, the climax of which ranks as one of the funniest things I've ever seen, ever. I hurt laughing at that the first time I saw it. Please let me know when you get there.

• Paid Members
The date between the guy with autism and the girl with "learning disabilities" as I think they put it was by far the most awkward bit of viewing on any show I've seen bar none. The awful awkward silence throughout, the wrote-down sheet of questions and answers, the rose, the "A gentleman never tells" line. Everything was there to make you sit and cringe uncontrollably.

That's another prime example of the dodgy editing though. If i remember rightly, the cameras just kept cutting so they've obviously picked out 30 seconds of silence and shown us that for the LOLZ, when in reality, most of what came out of that guy's mouth was comedy gold.

I loved the fact he asked her questions as if she were on a game show.

"Would you like to meet up again"

"Ye..."

"I'll give you a moment to think"

Again, i know i'm laughing at tragedy but only because the cunts who've made the programme have presented it as a comedy.

• Awards Moderator

Whilst the general standard dropped from about S6 onwards for me, I don't think there's that much of a difference between S6 and S7 up to when Michael left and the episodes since then. The ones with Will Ferrel were shit, mind.

Michael leaving gave more exposure to the supporting cast and whilst Dwight has been great throughout, there have been some cracking scenes and episodes where the Kevins, Oscars and Daryls have had more chance to shine. Catherine Tate can fuck off, though.

I think one of the gaping holes from the current series is the one left by Ryan and Kelly.

I'm so happy that from where you are up to at the moment you haven't had the joy of the snow fights between Jim and Dwight in series 7, the climax of which ranks as one of the funniest things I've ever seen, ever. I hurt laughing at that the first time I saw it. Please let me know when you get there.

Agreed. Not just the snowball scenes themselves, but also

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Dwight's costumes for everyone in the office was brilliant.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

More recently in terms of laughing so hard it hurt, last week's episode featuring:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Dwight in his HatMat suit

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

... had me crying and I had to pause it for a few minutes to get my breath back. It was superb.

Edited by Frankie Crisp