What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I've recently got round to watching The Soprano's and it is fucking excellent. Though, i'm sure you all know that already.Just started season 3, though, and the weird semi-animated head w/ spliced together old dialogue they used for Livia's last scene (as she'd snuffed it in real life) is awful. I'm not sure laughter is what they were after..

Spoiler tags you cumstain.

Spoiler tags, done.Though, in my defence the show is 10 years old and I didn't actually spoil any storylines, surely the fact the (quite well known) actress died was in the public domain and you could infer from that she didn't continue in her role. The only thing I spoilt was the nature of the scene, and unless you've got a hard-on for surprise animation, that shouldn't be too big a deal.Either way, 'cumstain' is unnecessary, just fucking ask. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you have to be a prick.

• Paid Members
I watched all the series not too long ago, is it bad that I didn't notice this whatsoever?

My friends didn't notice it either. It's weird, because I'm normally someone that completely misses things like that, but saw it straight away. Watch it again Mike and you'll kick yourself.

• Paid Members

I'm about 2/3 way through Sons Of Anarchy Series 4, and its the best season of it so far.

Seems that everything from the first 3 has been slow building up to this season. Superb acting and characters/story development. Don't want to spoil anything, but the way the characters are all interacting or behaving towards eachother as the club seems to be falling apart is gripping.

Can't say enough good things about it. If you haven't seen it, simply put, you must.

• Paid Members
I watched all the series not too long ago, is it bad that I didn't notice this whatsoever?

My friends didn't notice it either. It's weird, because I'm normally someone that completely misses things like that, but saw it straight away. Watch it again Mike and you'll kick yourself.

It was the dialogue that caught me first before I noticed the terribly spliced video footage. It's actually incredibly creepy. "I don't like that kind of talk!"

I'm about 2/3 way through Sons Of Anarchy Series 4, and its the best season of it so far.

Seems that everything from the first 3 has been slow building up to this season. Superb acting and characters/story development. Don't want to spoil anything, but the way the characters are all interacting or behaving towards eachother as the club seems to be falling apart is gripping.

Can't say enough good things about it. If you haven't seen it, simply put, you must.

Up till the point you've watched I can see why you say that about Sons, though I do think towards the end the season it does tail off and becomes a bit of a let down sadly.

As for me I watched the first episode of Homeland last night on Channel 4 and that was really good. Even though its very different to 24 it looks set to be full of twists and I do think I've spotted one massive 24-style one coming.

I watched the first couple of episodes of the new series of Being Human. I cried.

Sopranos is one like Oz that I keep thinking "I'll watch all of them at some point" but never do. Too vast.

I've literally just started Oz, the missus got me the boxset for my birthday. Literally everything that I remember from it the first time round happened in the pilot, so Christ knows what's going to happen for the next 7 series!

• Moderators

Eastbound and Down season 3 is UNDERWAY! Anyone seen it yet?

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I like Shane as a character, but I miss Stevie already. To be honest, I thought it was a pretty weak first episode, but I'm sure it'll snowball to greatness as it goes on. I am looking forward to seeing him as a father living with the child, as long as it doesn't descend to 4 camera "I'VE LOST THE BABY IN THE SUPERMARKET!" shitty hilarity. Perhaps Stevie's return can be him being forced by Kenny to look after the sprog.

Lunatic Fringe as the closing theme was ace as well.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by PowerButchi