UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Hi guys,

just wondering if any of you have or know anyone that has ordered from the US WWE shop online recently? I just wondered what sort of prices shipping is and whether you got stung by customs at all? I tried to go through and order but every time I put in a UK address it comes up with an error and doesn't allow me any further.

Thanks in advance

Jonn

I never put an order all the way through, but the shipping is extortionate. And you get stung by customs fees at the point of order now, not when it turns up. The customs charge is factored into the total shipping cost.

• Awards Moderator
Did Jim Carey actually appear on Raw as part of the promotion for Man on the Moon? I'm sure I read some where or was told that he did and got in to a worked altercation with Lawler or something. If so is there footage of it?

He definitely discussed it on the Steve Austin show - it was back in September so I don't remember the detail. He talked about the original Kaufman angle, then the Carrey reboot. Unfortunately I'm not sure which part of the show it was, but if it's any consolation both shows were ace:

Episodes 46 and 47

Lawler's heart attack story is quite something.

• Paid Members
You must really love Common Man....

Is that still Wheel of Fortune then? Maybe I should have been honest and said "checked Demolition had their proper music." I was alarmed how many cuts were made on the Anthology set. Superfly and the Orients' music missing??

You must really love Common Man....

Is that still Wheel of Fortune then? Maybe I should have been honest and said "checked Demolition had their proper music." I was alarmed how many cuts were made on the Anthology set. Superfly and the Orients' music missing??

Nah, you'll be right enough. Just that when you remember Sapphire getting down to it, it's one of those rare exceptions where the original isn't as fun as the edit. Every rose has a thorn or something like that...

Should probably have only highlighted 'thankfully' to make it a bit clearer

Hi guys,

just wondering if any of you have or know anyone that has ordered from the US WWE shop online recently? I just wondered what sort of prices shipping is and whether you got stung by customs at all? I tried to go through and order but every time I put in a UK address it comes up with an error and doesn't allow me any further.

Thanks in advance

Jonn

I never put an order all the way through, but the shipping is extortionate. And you get stung by customs fees at the point of order now, not when it turns up. The customs charge is factored into the total shipping cost.

Thanks mate

Can anybody refresh my memory on what the issue between Vince McMahon and the Undertaker was in February of 1999? (On-screen of course). I'm watching Best of RAW 2 and coverage of the Ministry vs. Corporation starts with Vince making an Inferno match between Undertaker and Kane (to set up Undertaker burning the bear in the fire) but it doesn't say WHY Vince made the match in the first place, storyline wise. Anybody remember?

Apologies if this has been talked about before but what's the deal with the Steamboat/Savage match? SCSA and Regal spoke about something that changed their opinions of it but it was kept hush.

They (Savage) planned it out almost move-for-move. I guess to fellow workers that lowers it's reputation somewhat.

• Paid Members

Regarding Daniel Bryan. The Raw thread (I think) had a lot of conversation about Bryan being over with the crowd which he is of course but people saying WWE don't care that much because more people are watching RAW since Batista came back, and they don't care about pushing him to say Cenas level because doesn't sell as many t-shirts etc. My point being WWE get ratings figures week by week I think. The crowd Reaction is week by week... but what about merchandise? Is there like a quarterly or even annual thing that comes out and says "we sold this much Bryan stuff compared to Cena stuff" and how much he made the company?

Long and short of it. Live attendance is important, so is t.v viewing figures and so is merchandise but if say RAW lost 125000 viewers for a month or two but Bryans t-shirts sales went through the roof to compensate would they make him the Main Man? Basically I know they are all important bits which is the main one (if there is one)........ apologies if this doesn't make a great deal of sense but I just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this. Thanks

Edited by Sebby

How much of the old WCW footage has entrance music dubbed over on the WWE releases? I was watching the Clash Of Champions boxset the other night and I'm sure Rick Rude's music is dubbed. Also, having Tony Schiavone commentate by himself is really shit. Fuck you Jesse Ventura.

Regarding Daniel Bryan. The Raw thread (I think) had a lot of conversation about Bryan being over with the crowd which he is of course but people saying WWE don't care that much because more people are watching RAW since Batista came back, and they don't care about pushing him to say Cenas level because doesn't sell as many t-shirts etc. My point being WWE get ratings figures week by week I think. The crowd Reaction is week by week... but what about merchandise? Is there like a quarterly or even annual thing that comes out and says "we sold this much Bryan stuff compared to Cena stuff" and how much he made the company?

Long and short of it. Live attendance is important, so is t.v viewing figures and so is merchandise but if say RAW lost 125000 viewers for a month or two but Bryans t-shirts sales went through the roof to compensate would they make him the Main Man? Basically I know they are all important bits which is the main one (if there is one)........ apologies if this doesn't make a great deal of sense but I just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this. Thanks

I suspect the honest answer is, that even the WWE doesn't have a solid plan. The way they book nowadays, and the sort of guys they have, it's very difficult to tell in the old fashioned way, who exactly is bringing in the viewers. Also, PPV and TV audiences aren't always identical.

I think being The Man is about a lot more than mere bums on seats nowadays - it's also, who can go on Jimmy Kimmel, or talk at the Bring Out The Vote rallies. Who can be in tv ads and look fucking cool on the red carpet? Who, in short, can do all the things that Hogan did and Cena does now.