UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

What's the oldest WWE pay-per-view where everyone who performed on it is still alive now?

After looking for ages I can't find anything earlier than KOTR 1999 for WWE (see my earlier post for the card).

Looking at ECW I think you can go with Living Dangerously 1999

Living Dangerously - Convention Center; Asbury Park, NJ 3/21/1999

- Super Crazy beat Yoshihiro Tajiri

- Balls Mahoney beat Steve Corino

- Little Guido beat Antifaz del Norte

- ECW TV Title: Champ Rob Van Dam beat Jerry Lynn

- New Jack beat Mr. Mustafa

- Spike Dudley & Sid Vicious beat The Dudley Boyz

- Tommy Dreamer & Shane Douglas beat Justin Credible & Lance Storm

- Unification Match: ECW Champion Taz beat FTW Champion Sabu

And WCW, shockingly, goes right back to 1994, I think, with Slamboree 1994:

Slamboree 1994 - Civic Center; Philadelphia, PA 5/22/1994

- US Title: Champ Steve Austin beat Johnny B Badd

- Terry Funk & Tully Blanchard fought to a double-DQ

- Larry Zbyzsko beat TV Champ Steven Regal in a non-title match

- Bull Rope Match: Dustin Rhodes beat Bunkhouse Buck

- WCW World Title: Champ Ric Flair beat Bary Windham

- Broadstreet Bull Match for WCW Tag Team Titles: Cactus Jack & Kevin Sullivan beat The Nasty Boys to win the titles

- WCW International Title: Sting beat Big Van Vader to win the vacant title

King of the Ring 1999 wouldn't qualify because Paul Bearer was managing Undertaker on it. That was one of the first ones I thought was close.

Can we really only get as far back as Backlash 2008? That's pretty mental.

Was the start of The Rock's 2003 music directly lifted from Narcissist's intro?

• Paid Members

Just had a listen; it's not. Got a lot more pipe organ-y stuff in it, and the melody's different.

EDIT: Actually, what I'd like to know is: what is the brief phrase The Rock says at the end of the intro, just before kick-in? I thought it was "It's Coming", but it's clearly not, on second listening.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Raw didn't record for me cause it was on Sky Sports 2. I see that the replay tonight is only 2 hours, is this due to the cut down adverts or will they be cutting parts of the show? Also, do they add sound pipes over the live crowd?

Edited by Murtz

Just had a listen; it's not. Got a lot more pipe organ-y stuff in it, and the melody's different.

EDIT: Actually, what I'd like to know is: what is the brief phrase The Rock says at the end of the intro, just before kick-in? I thought it was "It's Coming", but it's clearly not, on second listening.

I always thought it was "is cooking".

• Paid Members

I always thought it was "is cooking".

AHHHHH! Yes, of course! Thanks.

• Paid Members
"This is a test! This is a test!". Maybe something to do with him being a supposed roadie for Motley Crew when he debuted.

He was introduced as their bodyguard, wasn't he? Which I'm sure I've read was the reason for the name - it was a nickname he acquired because if you want get to the Crue, you gotta pass the Test.

Raw didn't record for me cause it was on Sky Sports 2. I see that the replay tonight is only 2 hours, is this due to the cut down adverts or will they be cutting parts of the show? Also, do they add sound pipes over the live crowd?

Combination of the two I think, less adverts and some of the less important stuff chopped out.

I know they were a comedy group and Virgil ended up joining them too but why was Curt Hennig put with the West Texas Rednecks? I know wrestlers have pretended to be from different countries etc. for years but just seems odd since he was always associated with Minnesota, as in commentators used to go on about it

I probably am just over thinking it

I think Hennig was considered to be a stereotypical redneck outside of the ring. From his DVD & Hall of Fame induction it seemed that way. That doesn't account for the West Texas part, but if you try to apply logic to most things going on in WCW in 1999 you might struggle.

• Paid Members
A quickie. What Stan Hansen matches should I be checking out? He's a guy I've seen very little of. Cheers!

Some of his WCW stuff is great fun. The bullrope match or whatever it's called with Luger from Starrcade 90. The Vader match in 91.

If you aren't put off by Japanese commentary though, probably his best matches are there. Hansen vs Hogan from 1990 is excellent. The Kobashi match from AJPW in 1993 is great as well. And his match with Vader in Japan where he fucked Vader's eye up might be worth a look if you're in a sadistic mood.

So yeah, them. I'm sure someone will be able to add to those, I'm probably forgetting something obvious.

• Paid Members
A quickie. What Stan Hansen matches should I be checking out? He's a guy I've seen very little of. Cheers!

Some of his WCW stuff is great fun. The bullrope match or whatever it's called with Luger from Starrcade 90. The Vader match in 91.

If you aren't put off by Japanese commentary though, probably his best matches are there. Hansen vs Hogan from 1990 is excellent. The Kobashi match from AJPW in 1993 is great as well. And his match with Vader in Japan where he fucked Vader's eye up might be worth a look if you're in a sadistic mood.

So yeah, them. I'm sure someone will be able to add to those, I'm probably forgetting something obvious.

Also, his match with Giant Baba in AJPW from the early 80s. The crowd was insane for it. Hansen is probably the biggest heel they've ever had - even Vader, Blassie and Williams never got that much heat there.

Just watching In Your House 15 on the network and Scorpio taking the worst pedigree I've ever seen for putting a knee down and missing the bump itself by a good 18 inches. Apart from Kane who I've also seen do it was there anyone who did this with the pedigree?