UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
i know the segment where he threw him down a flight of stairs while he was in a wheelchair definitely didn't make it in over here.

I need to see this now. Was it like Nordberg at the end of Naked Gun 2 1/2 when he goes flying down the stadium steps?

i know the segment where he threw him down a flight of stairs while he was in a wheelchair definitely didn't make it in over here.

I need to see this now. Was it like Nordberg at the end of Naked Gun 2 1/2 when he goes flying down the stadium steps?

Here's the full segment Skip to about 10 minutes if you can't be arsed to watch the full thing. Sadly it's not quite on the same level as Nordberg in Naked Gun but it's still pretty good and Lesnar is clearly having the time of his life with it.

Edit: I'm fairly certain they had to use a stunt double as well for Gowen and I remember PowerSlam kicked up a right old fuss about it at the time even though IMO his F-5 into the ring-post from the week before looked worse and was shown uncensored over here. Go figure.

Edited by insert_name_here

• Moderators
The main problem was that they were also airing Heat on Sunday afternoons and heavily encouraging the viewers to watch the PPV (including presumably on tape the next day).

I've often thought Channel 4 probably bought that contract based on someone reading somewhere that WWF was big now and they remembered watching an episode of Challenge in 1990 and thought it was still like that. They definitely should have known what they were buying in PPVs from that era, they shouldn't have been surprised by it if they did their research. It was nice to get a proper UK version of a WWF TV show though, complete with PS Hayes bringing up Page 3.

• Awards Moderator

Channel 4 Heat had some good stuff towards the end of 2000 / beginning of 2001. The Hardyz and E&C would show up occasionally, you had the Holly Family singing Christmas carols only to be interrupted by Kaientai doing their 'EVIL. Indeed!' gimmick - the peaks of which also occurred on 4, with the multi-squashes against the Brothers of Destruction and the APA (who I seem to recall beating them, then being challenged again, beating them a second time, then being challenged again, then beating them a third time. Splendid). You got loads of Lo Down on there, who I quite liked by virtue of them being featured in most episodes despite their Tiger Ali Singh rebranding, the majority of R-Truth's first run, and then heading into 2001 you got most of Haku's last run and team with Rikishi, and a good amount of X-Factor, who I also quite liked because they had X-Pac.

• Paid Members
I've often thought Channel 4 probably bought that contract based on someone reading somewhere that WWF was big now and they remembered watching an episode of Challenge in 1990 and thought it was still like that. They definitely should have known what they were buying in PPVs from that era, they shouldn't have been surprised by it if they did their research. It was nice to get a proper UK version of a WWF TV show though, complete with PS Hayes bringing up Page 3.

Definitely this. I mean, the very PPV before the Rumble, the Kat got her tits out. It wouldn't have taken much research on Channel 4's part.

What was the last PPV on Channel 4?

• Paid Members

Definitely this. I mean, the very PPV before the Rumble, the Kat got her tits out. It wouldn't have taken much research on Channel 4's part.

What was the last PPV on Channel 4?

Vengeance 01

• Paid Members
Do we have a list of things on WWE shows that Sky refused to air?

All the Sable Playboy stuff in 1999 got cut as well.

Plenty of Stone Cold fingers were edited as you can see in 1999 they focussed on Steves face more during the UK airing where you see the finger in the states. Even at times with beer drinking they were doing wide shots for no reason on UK tv or at times we got a edited ending of the show where the copyright info at the end of the broadcast looked a different place to what US got.

I may be wrong about this, but I think Sky tended to cut any and all Playboy stuff out of the repeats of the show as well. I think that both that and the beers fell foul of OFCOM and product placement issues.