UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I meant WWE taking action against the pyro company...

Isn't it in house staff though?

At house shows I understand Tony Chimel is/was in charge of pyro.

It's www.zenithpyro.com

How many people have been US and World champion at the same time? I'm assuming (and based on a quick scan over the title history and how many of the champions beat someone other than the previous champion, it seems to be true) it was more common in the NWA/WCW era. Did the US title have the stipulation back then of its holder being number one contender to the World title? Goldberg and Booker T are ones I can remember holding both titles at the same time.

• Paid Members
How many people have been US and World champion at the same time? I'm assuming (and based on a quick scan over the title history and how many of the champions beat someone other than the previous champion, it seems to be true) it was more common in the NWA/WCW era. Did the US title have the stipulation back then of its holder being number one contender to the World title? Goldberg and Booker T are ones I can remember holding both titles at the same time.

Off the top of my head, I believe those two were the only two.

Other reasons for people winning the title off someone other than the last champion include :

Tournament finals when the previous champion being stripped or injured or fired :

Dustin beat Ricky Steamboat, Sting pinning Meng (heh), Eddie Guerrero beating DDP, Scott Steiner winning consecutive tournament finals over Booker T and Sting at Spring Stampede 99 and 2000 respectively, and Lance Storm beating Mike Awesome, Eddie beating Benoit when the title was unretired. All these were where the last champion had lost the belt without being beaten in a match but none were the consequence of the champion winning the World title.

"Decision match" scenarios where the two top contenders fight for it when the champion has been stripped or blah blah blah

Benoit beating Jeff Jarrett at Starrcade 99 after Scott Hall pulled out injured, Booker T winning eight-way decision match after Cena was stripped, Truth beating Miz since Bret was a cripple who couldn't really wrestle (as well as the Bret/DDP one that was necessitated by Goldberg winning the World title and vacating the US title).

Rematches where the title has been help up because of a controversial title defence or the champion being stripped, so the title was vacant and the champion had to win it again

Nikita Koloff over Magnum (best of 7), Dustin winning a rematch with Rick Rude, Booker T over Benoit (best of 7).

I could elaboarate the circumstances of each of those "vacations" but I doubt you're that fussed, and I've probably missed some anyway. But as far as I can remember, only Goldberg and Booker T have vacated the US belt (or given it to Kanyon) due to having won the big belt.

EDIT - bollocks. Luger in '91. That's truly your lot.

Edited by air_raid

Air Raid, in your sig, who's the guy on the right channelling Christ Benoit? What's his physical location?

• Paid Members
Air Raid, in your sig, who's the guy on the right channelling Christ Benoit? What's his physical location?

Prince Devitt. It's 9:15 PM in Japan right now, so I'm guessing he's either in the gym or the pub.

• Paid Members
Does anyone recognise the theme Warrior is using here?

That clip has fried my brain. Bockwinkel did colour for the WWF? I really had no idea.

Also that bloke has a link to Papa Shango v Repo Man. I always find heel vs heel matches from back in the day strangely fascinating.

• Paid Members

After watching the 1988 timeline with JJ Dillon, I realised how unfamiliar I am with that time period in NWA history. I fancy buying a yearly set of WCW Saturday Night or something, but what year was the best between 1985-1990? Any ideas?