UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Was Shawn Michaels ever close to going to WCW at any point? I'm guessing probably not after 1996 timing wise, with him being on top in the WWF when the NWO got rolling. But it's something that I've always wondered, was there ever any negotiations or talk from Meltzer of HBK moving down south?

It's like the Sting and WWE thing for me, I can't even really visualise Shawn Michaels in a WCW ring.

• Paid Members

Shawn Michaels asked for his release in June of 1997 after the fight he had with Bret Hart, because he wanted to join WCW. There was no chance he was letting Michaels leave, though. If it was up to Shawn, he'd have been gone. Probably for the best. Michaels would have probably died or something had he continued wrestling. Especially in WCW, where you really could do whatever you wanted. The back injury was probably the best thing for him.

I always wondered what would have happened in March 2001, if Bischoff had revamped WCW. Shawn's contract was up in March 2001 and he had a falling out with Vince and Triple H around that period. Michaels was actually out of contract for a while there in 2001. Michaels was such a mess, I always wondered if he'd have joined WCW just to be a twat. He wasn't like how he is now. His decision making wasn't the best at the time. Daniel Bryan mentions on the Wrestling Road Diaries that Michaels asked if they would hire his students to developmental contracts and when they got arsey Shawn told them he'd take them to WCW instead, if the WWF didn't want them.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

That's a good point. Never really thought of his back injury in that way before but in hindsight it probably really was a good thing. Without that injury and time out from wrestling, he'd probably have never hit rock bottom in time to sort himself out. He'd have just carried on wrestling and most likely gotten even worse with his bad habits. The party scene alone in WCW back then would have probably finished him.

The 2001 revamped WCW stuff always fascinates me. With WCW and ECW going tits up at the same time, and all the Indy wrestlers who wound up with TNA when they launched, there'd have been so much talent to play with. I wonder how that would have played out.

• Paid Members
The 2001 revamped WCW stuff always fascinates me. With WCW and ECW going tits up at the same time, and all the Indy wrestlers who wound up with TNA when they launched, there'd have been so much talent to play with. I wonder how that would have played out.

I remember a cracking thread on here once, about Bischoff's proposed reboot and filming Nitro on the roof of a Vegas hotel. Especially with how the WWF's invasion angle turned out, it's a damn shame it never happened.

Edited by garynysmon

After reading how Yoshi has been around since 2009 it got me wondering, who has been around for the longest (continuous) period of time in the WWE Locker room.

So obviously we have John Cena and Randy Orton both from 2002 but think it might be interesting seeing some odd ones pop up.

Found this online, seems about right.

Executives:

Vincent K. McMahon: 1972

Kevin Dunn: 1984

Staff:

Howard Finkel: 1975

Tony Chimel: 1984? (He started as a member of the ring setup crew)

Jim Johnston: 1985

Mike Chioda: 1989

Jack Doan: 1991

Jerry Lawler: 1992

Carlos Cabrera: 1993

Jim Ross: 1993

Michael Cole - 1997

Wrestlers:

The Undertaker: 1990

HHH: April 1995

Kane/Fake Diesel/Isaac Yankem: June 1995

Mark Henry: March 1996

That No Mercy game on the 64 could have been brilliant, better than Wrestlemania 2000, but it had that bug that wiped all your data when it felt like it. Did every PAL release have that problem? If I downloaded a ROM of it would it be the same? I really feel like giving that game another go but I can't enjoy them games if I can't make my own blokes.

That No Mercy game on the 64 could have been brilliant, better than Wrestlemania 2000, but it had that bug that wiped all your data when it felt like it. Did every PAL release have that problem? If I downloaded a ROM of it would it be the same? I really feel like giving that game another go but I can't enjoy them games if I can't make my own blokes.

That glitch was only in the early copies. They fixed the glitch for later copies after finding out it was connected to blood for some reason, so they took out the visual representation of blood (you can still have first blood matches, and you'll still hear the noises and the wrestlers will still react the same, it's just the lack of a crimson mask that's different.) I don't think the ROM would have the same problem though, even if they hadn't fixed it.

Edited by Forrest

No. They've done well protecting him.

That glitch was only in the early copies. They fixed the glitch for later copies after finding out it was connected to blood for some reason, so they took out the visual representation of blood (you can still have first blood matches, and you'll still hear the noises and the wrestlers will still react the same, it's just the lack of a crimson mask that's different.) I don't think the ROM would have the same problem though, even if they hadn't fixed it.

Sweet, sweet, sweet. A shame about the blood thing, I love that visual.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

Are you sure about that? WM2000 never had blood either (but did the reactions) I recall an N64 mag at the time stating they took out the visual red graphic to get a rating in Germany.

I also remember seeing No Mercy investigated on Watchdog(!) where Anne Robinson explained it was actually something to do with using CAWs in the title modes (and to be honest my mate's dodgy copy's resets would support this more)

I believe the blood was taken out for all PAL copies of the game, at the same time they tried to fix the deletion glitch that had appeared in US versions of the game (which all had the blood intact). I don't think the two were related because the initial batch of PAL releases (with the blood removed) still had the glitch. It's been years since I played it but I can't remember if there was a standard trigger to the deletion or if it was just random. I do remember it completely killing my enjoyment of the game though.