~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Paid Members

We're off for a "viability" scan at 12.15 today. Just a bit of extra reassurance really, plus we get to find out an accurate date and if there are more than one in there. Costs

Edited by EWWChris

How accurate are due dates? I dont think i know anybody whose kids came when they were meant to it seems pointless giving an exact date as the little shits pop out whenever they feel like it, bloody youth of today, they got no concept of punctuality.

I think ( i may be wrong) that generally they tend to arrive a few days later than the due date. As long as its before 24th december, i'm happy ( I get 2 weeks paternity leave, so that means I get all of christmas and new year off, for the first time in 6 years!) Seriously though, as long as its healthy, I dont care when it arrives.

• Paid Members

Our scans were free because we had a student :)

Are you talking about the prints or the scans themselves? Surely you don't have to pay for the dating and 20 week scans now?
i meant the print outs, even though we only got two >.<The dates are extremley easy to work out. For example.My period was due on the 26th of January, which then meant that i was 4 weeks pregnant. (2 week old foetus as you ovulate about 14 days before your period, so from this i work out the exact day of getting jiggy with it that made this bundle of joy, the 12th of jan.) So yeah, even though your foetus is only 2 weeks old REALLY, in medical terms, they go by your last period, so your 4 weeks along. Count 40 weeks from the date of your last period. and that gave me my date of September 29th.And everythings measuring exactly to my date :) Edited by Miss_anne_thrope

Just got back!Everything is going well! We're a bit less pregnant than we thought we were, moving the due date to....24th december!!!! Looks like i'm not cooking the xmas dinner then. Had the scan, everything is moving along nicely and no problems at this stage. Got to admit, i started welling up when i heard it's heartbeat! Currently measuring 1.67cm...bit like a bean. Didnt realise - we got a 4D scan with this!! My scanner isnt working so i cant show it off at the mo, but i'll try to get it onto the computer. It was amazing - could see the face, arms and leg stumps, even though it still looks a bit alien. Dead chuffed :thumbsup:

Just got back!Everything is going well! We're a bit less pregnant than we thought we were, moving the due date to....24th december!!!! Looks like i'm not cooking the xmas dinner then. Had the scan, everything is moving along nicely and no problems at this stage. Got to admit, i started welling up when i heard it's heartbeat! Currently measuring 1.67cm...bit like a bean. Didnt realise - we got a 4D scan with this!! My scanner isnt working so i cant show it off at the mo, but i'll try to get it onto the computer. It was amazing - could see the face, arms and leg stumps, even though it still looks a bit alien. Dead chuffed :thumbsup:

I admire the "we" attitude to pregnancy a lot, however it'll all go out the window when it gets to the birth and you're making rounds of toast while she tries to shit a melon. I think at that point you'll be under no illusions that she's the one doing all the work.

• Paid Members

I admire the "we" attitude to pregnancy a lot, however it'll all go out the window when it gets to the birth and you're making rounds of toast while she tries to shit a melon. I think at that point you'll be under no illusions that she's the one doing all the work.
I always wanted to know when the guy was going to share the morning sickness. Is the gal gonna put it in a bag for him to take to work? "There you go dear, that's your half of the morning sickness, enjoy your day at work."