~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Paid Members

Are you calling the lad, Neil then? :pWhy don't you call the girl Katie, if it is a girl? - That name is awesome. :)

Thats my evil ex girlfriends name :angry: And no, the boy will be Dyllan, or Dillan.

I am the same as you MAT, no trouble at all picking a boys name but girls I'm struggling with (Btw not PG yet but we're trying)So far we have come up with:SophieBrookeImogenAshleighSophiaMarieLilly (although hubby isn't keen)ClaireTrouble is they are all lovely names but none are jumping out at me right nowCherry, xxx

if its a boy go with harrison

Good God! Don't do that!Names are such a hard thing to come up with; I'm a bit of a believer in waiting until you have 'met' the child; sometimes a name just suits them. For example a woman I work with had no idea what to call her baby; when she was born the midwife handed her over and said "awwww she's such a little gem!" and Gemma was named! Some people even 'get to know' baby over a few days before naming.Also; whatever people may say about it; names DO affect your personality. I've met hundreds of children over the years (I've been at the same Lower School for 11 years now) and have found that children with the same names *tend* to have similar personality traits. Having said that; I've never met a Dylan (you should go for that spelling by the way; just more aesthetic) so can't offer any advice on that one!Having said all that; if I was to be unlucky enough to ever have to endure having a baby, were it a boy it'd be Benjamin. (Not that us teachers have preferences at all ;) )

• Paid Members

Initial wise, I still love my mate's kids initials, they gave him two middle names, so his initials spell CROW.Name wise itself, just make damned sure not to name the kid something that will get the piss ripped out of it in years to come. Most notable that I know of personally was a guy who lived next door to us, surname of Dow (pronounced Doe), so he named the girl Adele.Yup, Adele Dow. That kid will never live her name down and will end up hating her parents. Surely nobody can fuck up that much and not notice what the name will sound like...