UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Is the Death of WCW book any good?

If you are a fan of Alvarez's rants and Wrestlecrap stuff then you will probably love it. It's easy enough to read but personally I think its lazily written and heavily one-sided. The first half of the book is a decent read and nice trip down memory lane.

• Paid Members

Is the Death of WCW book any good?

Yeah, it's really good. Easy to read and brings back good and bad memories. It paints a great picture of WCW at it's worst. It's a bit one sided though and doesn't paint the picture of WCW at it's best well enough.

Did Jake the Snake ever wear these yellow tights?

I've definitely never saw them and I try to check out as much Jake the Snake as I can. He did have that same design in green, blue, maroon, and (i think) white though, so it wouldn't have surprised me if he had some other variations that were rarely used (especially considering most shows weren't filmed).

It's neat seeing wrestlers with rare and cool new attires or colour schemes. That should probably concern me slightly. My most recent surprise finding was the other day when I saw El Matador rocking all-gold tights after thinking he only had light green, dark green and black variations.

The facial detail on that Jake fig is tremendous btw.

----

I just caught a glimpse of the WON HOF ballot this year with Warrior and Sting nominated. Why aren't they already in?

• Moderators

They suffer from not being prolonged proper real draws. Other than Starrcade '97 and maybe one or two in 98 (I forgot how SuperBrawl '98 did), Sting never really was much of a draw. I thought that was mental and not the case at all until I read up on it elsewhere. And business went down a lot with Warrior as the ace in 1990 (lack of credible main events heels, to be fait). And their work as wrestlers isn't strong enough to get them in for pure quality reasons, and WON HOF elects folk on either work or drawing power.

Edited by PowerButchi

Did Jake the Snake ever wear these yellow tights?

I've definitely never saw them and I try to check out as much Jake the Snake as I can. He did have that same design in green, blue, maroon, and (i think) white though, so it wouldn't have surprised me if he had some other variations that were rarely used (especially considering most shows weren't filmed).

Ah, cheers. Now and again, Mattel does figures that just have made up tights and trunks on. They did about half a dozen CM Punks in blue trunks with red and white stars that initially seemed like a ballsed-up attempt at his blue and orange gear, but must have just been a look that they came up with and liked because they kept doing it on his dolls of various sizes and styles.

There was a Macho Man in this combination as well:

savagesingle.jpg

Which I've never been able to find any video/photo of -- but he did wear all of those components so there's every chance he wore that exact combo on house shows.

My suspicion is the tights on the Jake figure are made up if nobody's ever seen them, because Mattel would have to be working from photos/videos at the design stage.