General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52133

Can't wait to watch this! I've fond memories of loads of Cannon films from my childhood. The American Ninja series were favourites of mine (Michael Dudikoff FTW) & Missing In Action 2 was the first Chuck Norris film I think I saw SPOILER That bit with the rat in the bag over his head remains amazing to this day. Our nearest cinema when I was a kid was owned by the Cannon in Hereford, I remember being taken to see Masters of the Universe & being absolutely wounded when it featured practically no-one from the cartoon, no Battle Cat & no Orco

I do love a lot of the old Cannon films and I enjoy my film history documentaries as well, so that's right up my street. Recently I've watched Corman's world which is a great one about the history of Roger Corman's films and the huge list of Hollywood A-listers who got their starts working for him. Including a very emotional Jack Nicholson. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1185371/

• Paid Members
I do love a lot of the old Cannon films and I enjoy my film history documentaries as well, so that's right up my street. Recently I've watched Corman's world which is a great one about the history of Roger Corman's films and the huge list of Hollywood A-listers who got their starts working for him. Including a very emotional Jack Nicholson. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1185371/

Did you see "Not Quite Hollywood"? It's the story of Australian exploitation B-movies and it's mental, a great watch. That Cannon one looks epic, I love stuff like this.

• Paid Members

Cannon was an immense shitpile of bad films in the 80s, but I didn't care, I was a kid who liked guns and ninjas. I'm certainly not going to go back there, though. I read the book about Golan and Globus once, it was very enlightening about how they kept afloat on a raft of announcements, gaining breathing space by constantly announcing new movies to support the failure of their existing ones - the slate for the last year this worked was hilarious, announcements of about 50 movies that were never to be made, like their Spiderman adaptation with Lundgren as the Green Goblin.

Did you see "Not Quite Hollywood"? It's the story of Australian exploitation B-movies and it's mental, a great watch. That Cannon one looks epic, I love stuff like this.

Just found that on youtube, it sounds like my sort of thing so I'll give it a watch later. Part one can be found here

Actually it's not the documentary, it's an interview with the people involved in making it. I'll have to try to find the full thing. Edited by Rey_Piste

• Paid Members
Funnily enough that was how I just watched it, now I want to watch Turkey Shoot and Razorback again.

Turkey Shoot is awesome. One of the best Poundland investments I ever made. For once the Film 2000/Hardgore DVD is of a good standard to.

Good to know that doc is on Netflix, I'll give it a go tomorow.

• Paid Members

Turkey Shoot has been praised on here for years, ive gotta get around to seeing it. I've got Razorback somewhere.

any other decent movie related documentaries?

Edited by Ebb

• 2 weeks later...