General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members
Can't be worse than the last snoozefest Superman.

That's why I'm hopeful they'll go in the opposite direction, the last one was awful, Superman had no balls. I can't stress enough that Henry Cavill as Superman is a fantastic piece of casting, he'll kill it. He looks like Superman, Brandon Routh looked like Sylar from heroes in comparison.

• Paid Members

I've got three invites for Letterboxd for anyone interesting in frittering away more of their productivity on another social networking site. If you haven't seen it, here:-

http://letterboxd.com

It's still in beta but I'm impressed by it. Great for keeping track of what you watch and the lists and stuff are good fun. If you want an invite, PM me.

EDIT - All gone!

Edited by Gladstone Small

I got to finish reading all the Prometheus stuff in the new Empire today. I'm going weak at the knees with excitement. This is one of those films you're going to need to see at the cinema surrounded by other squealing bastards.

• Paid Members

Empire is brilliant this month. The best it's been for a couple of years. The Prometheus feature is excellent but the Powell & Pressburger article is one of the best things they have done for ages - perhaps only topped by the three-way interview with Mel Gibson, Danny Glover and Richard Donner regarding the Lethal Weapon series in this same edition. Barely a superhero film to be seen, too. Great stuff.

Empire is brilliant this month. The best it's been for a couple of years. The Prometheus feature is excellent but the Powell & Pressburger article is one of the best things they have done for ages - perhaps only topped by the three-way interview with Mel Gibson, Danny Glover and Richard Donner regarding the Lethal Weapon series in this same edition. Barely a superhero film to be seen, too. Great stuff.

I'll have to agree with that. Very much a step up in quality this month. The 3-D subs cover is excellent as well.

must admit i wasnt expecting much but i laughed at lot at this. especially the song

Sandler and Jack and jill sweep the board at the razzies

WORST FILM

Jack and Jill-WINNER

WORST ACTOR

Adam Sandler, "Jack and Jill / Just Go With It" - WINNER

WORST ACTRESS

Adam Sandler (as Jill), "Jack and Jill" - WINNER

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Al Pacino, "Jack and Jill" - WINNER

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

David Spade (as Monica), "Jack and Jill" - WINNER

WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE

"Jack and Jill" - WINNER

WORST DIRECTOR

Dennis Dugan, "Jack and Jill / Just Go With It" - WINNER

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF, OR SEQUEL

"Jack and Jill" (dubbed a "remake/rip-off of Ed Woods' Cross-Dressing Camp Classic "Glen or Glenda" - WINNER

WORST SCREEN COUPLE

Adam Sandler and either Katie Holmes, Al Pacino, or Adam Sandler, "Jack and Jill" - WINNER

WORST SCREENPLAY

Steve Koren & Adam Sandler, Story by Ben Zook , "Jack and Jill" - WINNER

Total Recall(Remake) Trailer

Edited by iamtheman

• Paid Members

Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier, i just couldnt contain my excitement when i heard.

I know its the done thing to slate re-makes or re-boots, and for the most part i agree, but when i got an email yesterday to tell me that a sequel to Twins is being talked about, i almost made a mess at my desk.

Triplets, with Arnie, De-Vito and EDDIE MURPHY!!! I was sure this was an April fool, but seems legit and as Twins is one of my favourite films ever, i can't wait to see if this happens to be honest.

• Moderators

Don't get too excited, I'm sure it will be terrible. Hard to tell though, as the script doesn't exist yet.

. I really don't know what to make of this. I like Colin Farrell, I love the original, I don't like either of the female leads in this new one... I just don't know right now.

Edit: my bad. Already posted. Anyway. There are my thoughts, and everyone prefers a youtube link right?

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
. I really don't know what to make of this. I like Colin Farrell, I love the original, I don't like either of the female leads in this new one... I just don't know right now.

Ugh, Kate Beckinsale. I wish she'd sod off.

Might be alright, this, but that trailer hasn't exactly excited me.

• Paid Members

Ugh, Kate Beckinsale. I wish she'd sod off.

Might be alright, this, but that trailer hasn't exactly excited me.

Shes got the Paul W.S Anderson / Milla Jovovich deal going on where she has to be in everything her husband does. Looks very Blade Runner to me (which might be more of a nod to the original story)