Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Paid Members

Little Update from the Observer-WWE will go on with regular programming tomorrow in San Antonio, with Smackdown & ECW tapings not based on either a tribute to Chris Benoit or continuing the Vince McMahon angle.

Yeah. Sucks to be Creative.
Didn't you get the feeling that this was always going to be the case thought Kenny. With the attrition rate on wrestlers being as high as it is then it was only a matter of time before the Vince dead storyline ran into another wrestler death. This was always going to happen and being in creative was always going to be bad when the boss who is supposed to be dead then has to go out on TV alive and well and deliver the eulogy on another dead wrestler. Tbh I always thought it would be Kurt Angle, I never suspected it would be Benoit, but WWE creative brought all this on themselves from the moment they used the death of a character in a storytline.

Whatever he did he did for a reason, he didn't just wake up one morning and decide to kill his familyLets wait until we have all the details before we pass comment and lets concentrate on his fantastic career

Guest Brainbuster~

You don't deserve anything, regardless of whether it's a Westling message board. If you committ an act of murder, no matter how well liked you may be, it's totally unacceptable to be praising his career. You don't see this in regular life, and Benoit is no different. It competely disgusts me.

Well damn me to hell then, because I'll respect what he did before this seemingly incredibly horrible act.Why not praise his career ? It's not as if he was a murdering psychopath all of the time. There was a time when he was a terrific wrestler.
I appreciate his work in the ring, but that's peanuts now in comparison to what he's done to his family. It's extremely sad to think like this but there's just no excuse for murder and I don't look at him half as much as I used to following these events.

I won't remember him for the murdering psychopath bit, I'll remember him for the bloody fantastic wrestler bit.

"Say what you want about Hitler, at least he made the trains run on time " - Any stand up comic circa 1974I was so shocked to see this news this morning. One of my greatest wrestling memories was watching Benoit lift the title live at WMXX.If these rumours turn out to be true then a true legend's status has been tarnished IMHO

• Paid Members

To all those eulogising, and all those throwing accusatory verbiage all over the place, may I remind you of one thing: the full details have not been released yet.As such, may I suggest you all stop jumping the fucking gun, because either way you're doing a disservice to the memory of Chris Benoit. Personally, I'm going to continue hoping that the full details reveal that he didn't do it. Just remember - before you decide to make an adverse judgement on a fellow human being, you'd better have all the facts, and had a damn good think about it as well.

• Paid Members

You don't deserve anything, regardless of whether it's a Westling message board. If you committ an act of murder, no matter how well liked you may be, it's totally unacceptable to be praising his career. You don't see this in regular life, and Benoit is no different. It competely disgusts me.

And yet by that rationale you'd expect the thousands of people who were there at WMXX and felt a ton of pride seeing Benoit finally become World Champion to renounce that and never speak of it again, nor take a single shred of enjoyment from his work just because of it.I hope you understand that many of those people won't be willing to do that, right or wrong. It's not your place to say everyone should dash their memories just because you have. Edited by sephjnr

'Why not praise his career ? It's not as if he was a murdering psychopath all of the time. There was a time when he was a terrific wrestler.'Absolute rubbish. Is OJ Simpson remembered for being a great NFL player? No. He's infamous for the court case and the fact 99% of people felt he was guilty.I'll wait to see the final outcome and what is found in the investigation, but if the rumours are found true, which is likely, Benoit should be wiped from the record books. He's not a rolemodel for children, and neither is Guerrero. Unless murdering and substance abuse is being a good rolemodel.That's it for me and wrestling now. It's pathetic. I haven't taken much notice the past 6 months and I couldn't care less about stupid storylines and these wrestlers that abuse their bodies anymore. It's reallife, and I don't want to contribute to a business which has a ridiculously high death rate.Crash, Bossman, Benoit, Guerrero - they're only the ones I can remember to have died in the past few years. Think of all the ones whose name I don't know or who I didn't even know before they died. The business is ridiculous.

• Paid Members

That is this regular life of which you speak? If a close friend or family member murders a couple of people then themselves are we supposed to switch of any feelings we had for them? Is that what you mean by regular life? In this case, someone people looked up to, supported, were entertained by may have done a terrible thing, but we know nothing of the whys, all we know is that he is believed to have loved his family very much, so for him to do this, there had to be something seriously wrong whether in his head or otherwise.

There not rumors, it's a fact.

No, the only facts are that they are dead and that the Police are investigating the posibility that he killed his wife, his son and then himself. It is not yet a fact that he actually did. Edited by EWWChris

• Paid Members

To all those eulogising, and all those throwing accusatory verbiage all over the place, may I remind you of one thing: the full details have not been released yet.As such, may I suggest you all stop jumping the fucking gun, because either way you're doing a disservice to the memory of Chris Benoit. Personally, I'm going to continue hoping that the full details reveal that he didn't do it. Just remember - before you decide to make an adverse judgement on a fellow human being, you'd better have all the facts, and had a damn good think about it as well.

Come off it, buddy. I personally, have chosen to use "If" a lot and I still pray that he didn't do a thing and my hero is still my hero, but you cannot blame people for jumping to seemingly obvious conclusions or for reacting.If it wasn't a great wrestler, people would jump all over him.

uh for fuck sacks its fact the police have come out said it if wasn't do you think they ask to get sued for libel or something if there was any fucking doubt the would not of made that statement