Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Paid Members

Yes the logic is there, but the bone of contention is the way he is throwing facts around, that really are not facts at this point. His attitude while doing this makes him look very silly.

Personally, I don't think he's the one who looks silly. I think his logic is far greater than the opposing argument, which really appears to be "... but he's Chris Benoit" and clinging on to some tiny hope that he didn't do it.

Guest TheOneAndOnly

There are no words of course. I'm off work this week so as a treat I stayed up to watch the live raw. Some treat I nearly died myself when the first thing I saw was an empty arena with Vince telling us Chris had died. (Vince did the right thing admiting his death was a work.) I really don't understand how Chris and his wife and son are dead. How could all three die? Poison? Murder what? Anyway I can't say anything else, I have nothing I can say.

• Paid Members

I'm not distorting any facts, i'm simply telling you what's happening as it's clear you can't comprehend the news.

No, you ARE distorting what's been reported, and you're being fucking offensive with it. How many times do people actually have to dig up that quote that says "the police BELIEVE" that this was the case? Or does the word "believe", in your vocabulary, mean "have proven beyond all reasonable doubt"? Because if that's the case, thank fuck you're not on a jury.You're not better or more intelligent than anybody, so stop behaving like you are.

There are no words of course. I'm off work this week so as a treat I stayed up to watch the live raw. Some treat I nearly died myself when the first thing I saw was an empty arena with Vince telling us Chris had died. (Vince did the right thing admiting his death was a work.) I really don't understand how Chris and his wife and son are dead. How could all three die? Poison? Murder what? Anyway I can't say anything else, I have nothing I can say.

As this is a 40 page thread, I think you can be forgiven.Initially rumours were floating around as to the nature of the death. Many, including myself, suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning based on a alledge report that Chris Benoit went home to a family emergency which had his family throwing up blood.However official reports are now coming out that Chris Benoit is SUSPECTED (though unfortunately likely) of killing his wife Nancy Benoit on Saturday, his son on Sunday and then killed himself (possibly by hanging) on Monday.Full report is expected later today.

I think his logic is far greater than the opposing argument, which really appears to be "... but he's Chris Benoit" and clinging on to some tiny hope that he didn't do it.

Nope, I don't think your listening to the opposing arguement which is "don't know much information yet" and "wait for full facts", not what YOU believe.

I'll try one more time....The simple fact WWE.com have linked Benoit (spelt it correctly for you) with murdering his family means that the investigators have enough evidence to suggest Chris did his family in. WWE.com could still profit from selling merchandise and the like, Chris has legions of fans, do you honestly think WWE.com would run a story like this without having enough proof? Not to mention the distress of his 2 daughters, of other wrestlers by branding him a murderer if it is infact proved that he did not do this.I'm sure alot of you are finding this hard to come to terms with, it's a shock, granted....but i'm afraid you can't hold onto this legacy of Chris Benoit, he killed his family and that's that.

I dont think anyone is really dying the fact, they are just preferring to wait untill all the facts are out before they pass comment. I havent read one post yet where someone has outright said that Chris Benoit DIDNT do it

I'll try one more time....The simple fact WWE.com have linked Benoit (spelt it correctly for you) with murdering his family means that the investigators have enough evidence to suggest Chris did his family in. WWE.com could still profit from selling merchandise and the like, Chris has legions of fans, do you honestly think WWE.com would run a story like this without having enough proof? Not to mention the distress of his 2 daughters, of other wrestlers by branding him a murderer if it is infact proved that he did not do this.I'm sure alot of you are finding this hard to come to terms with, it's a shock, granted....but i'm afraid you can't hold onto this legacy of Chris Benoit, he killed his family and that's that.

Fair enough, but that isn't what you said initially. You claimed that WWE.com had confirmed Benoit as the murderer, which they haven't, they've only linked him with the deaths of his family. Which, in fairness, is probably enough to suggest that this theory does hold merit.

I havent read one post yet where someone has outright said that Chris Benoit DIDNT do it

Same. Edited by Mr. Baxter

To all the people that are blatently denying the truth that Benoit killed his family and then himself, what will you say when all this is confirmed sometime today?

I will say he's Chris Benoit, he was one of the all time greats, and I will always enjoy watching his matches. By all account he was depressed, and there is a whole situation we will never know. I will judge him on what I do know, and that was that he will always be a legend in the ring, no matter what happened out of it.

To all the people that are blatently denying the truth that Benoit killed his family and then himself, what will you say when all this is confirmed sometime today?

I think you've missed the point, and I havn't seen many people "denying the truth." Hell you don't even know the truth.To say Benoit DID kill his family is categorically and technically incorrect.To say that reports SUGGEST that Benoit killed his family and that it is HIGHLY LIKELY that he killed his family based on early reports is categorically and technically correct.Let me turn this around; what happens if the evidence suggests that the above isn't true. Don't get me wrong, its unlikely, but could happen.