Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Lister started work on a serious piece about dead wrestlers a while back. At the time, something like 10% of Wrestlemania performers from the 80s had died and more like 11 or 12% of 1990's Mania stars. Of those, only a handful were due to reasonable shit like old age (Sapphire) or congenital disease (like Andre). Most were wrestler heart attacks and ODs. A couple, I think, were car crashes, most likely due to drink and/or drugs. And now the two champions from the Mania where "it all began again" are dead too.I'd like to say "it makes you think," but wrestling people rarely bother to think.

I had absolutely no idea until I put Raw on via Sky Plus at ten to nine this morning.Absolutely stunning, and obviously not in a good way. A waste of three lives, in particular his poor young son.A true ring great but if the initial reports turn out to be confirmed then it'll be hard to remember him positively given the circumstances around his demise. :(

As a side, all of you people who are "regretting" mourning his death, get a fucking grip. A bit of empathy wouldn't go a miss.

Fuck Off, people will feel how they want to feel.I'll never recognise him as anything but an amazing pro-wrestler. However, last night, I felt like one of my hero's had died and I felt sick. If I find out that he did it, I will be gutted that I felt so bad for someone who didn't deserve it.
I agree with the first part there. Already people are coming out and saying how everybody should feel. Well, sorry but I don't think any of us has the right to tell others how to feel over all of this or anything else for that matter.As for me, I don't even know how i feel yet. I only woke up to this about an hour ago.

Guest Black Ice

Don't usually post on here but dear god, this is tragic newsRIP Benoit, one of the best wrestlers i've ever witnessed, wrestling won't be the same without you.

:omg::omg: :omg:I can't believe Benoit, Nancy AND his son have all gone!This is an absolute tragedy and my heart goes out to his remaining children and family.Sadly, sometimes people do things we never truly understand or comprehend and if reports of what Chris allegedly did are true then I am shocked beyond all belief.There really are no words........RIP Chris, Nancy and Daniel.

Im stunned,well and truly stunned..I woke up hoping to read the latest episode of WWE raw online (i dont watch much WWE these days,apart from Chris benoits matches,hense my username) and i found out that Chris and his family have passed on..I cant believe it at all but sadly..its true.Chris and his family are gone.One of the reasons i still continue to watch WWE,iv been a massive Benoit fan for a long time,and he could always make a bad show better when he does his stuff inside the ring.He always seemed one of the more likeable, well respected and down to earth guys,willing to help and put over others.The wrestling world has lost a true great,and right now,i dont care what happened,all i know is a good man and a loving family have passed away,its so tragic.The saddest thing of all is that his young boy has gone to..Chris and Nancy and his young son..its just..its just terrible.We never knew him or his family,but its impossible not to feel hurt by this.He and his family will be missed by everyone who knew them and by us fans.

Guest Brainbuster~

You don't deserve anything, regardless of whether it's a Westling message board. If you committ an act of murder, no matter how well liked you may be, it's totally unacceptable to be praising his career. You don't see this in regular life, and Benoit is no different. It competely disgusts me.

The line about curious text messages he sent to WWE friends makes you wonder what he wrote.

I'm getting the inclination that Benoit was depressed.
No Shit.How anyone can point one finger at Wrestling or WWE over this is beyond me though, Only Benoit truely knows why he did it.RIP Big man.

Little Update from the Observer-WWE will go on with regular programming tomorrow in San Antonio, with Smackdown & ECW tapings not based on either a tribute to Chris Benoit or continuing the Vince McMahon angle.

Yeah. Sucks to be Creative.

You don't deserve anything, regardless of whether it's a Westling message board. If you committ an act of murder, no matter how well liked you may be, it's totally unacceptable to be praising his career. You don't see this in regular life, and Benoit is no different. It competely disgusts me.

Well damn me to hell then, because I'll respect what he did before this seemingly incredibly horrible act.Why not praise his career ? It's not as if he was a murdering psychopath all of the time. There was a time when he was a terrific wrestler.