Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Paid Members

It is weird hearing it on the news on Radio 1. Just somewhere you don't expect to hear about wrestlers.

Unless it's horrendously bad publicity. No wonder everyone thinks wrestling is the shits.

this has ruined my life. im sitting in my room and my hero is dead.

Get out and get a job.

I've now had 4 uneasy hours of lying on my back, a shitty tube ride into work and I'm now sitting at my desk still trying to sift through all kinds of scenarios spinning through my head.This is a man I've watched and respected greatly for around 10 years now, he was my favorite, he was like a hero to me, if I was ever a wrestler I wanted to be the aggressive bad ass Chris Benoit style wrestler. No shit taken. Demanding respect wherever I went.I've met a good few people who have met Benoit, and no one had a bad thing to say about him.I held up Benoit as a measure of where people have to get to be successful, he gave the rub to so many while recieving the respect of the crowds and his fellow performers everywhere he went. He was the Benchmark.As news came in last night, I let out an involuntary cry, "No not Chris NOOOOO" it was mournful, it was pleading, and then Nancy and Daniel were announced as well and I choked completely. I rushed downstairs to log on here having Raw in the background and read about a man I had so much respect for. Someone I hoped would be fired up by his move to ECW so he could get back to the very top again.Please excuse me if I shed a tear or two last night over this.Now, my head is spinning so much I don't quite know what to think about it all, I still am clinging on to the 'hope' (what a word to use right now, but there isn't another to replace it) that he got home and found them already dead before taking his own life, or maybe something else happened, but it doesn't look that way, I will still cling onto my hope and wait for the reports.I can't mourn for someone I have so much respect for becuase of what 'might' have happened. If it turns out he was a murderer I can't think of anything less appropriate than watching a Benoit match and being all tearful about it. Instead I am mourning for Chavo, for HHH, Milenko, JBL, Tazz, Edge yes even for Vince, I mourn for what those people are going thorugh, I mourn for everyone who knew Chris and cherished him, and what they are now going through, I mourn for myself, not being able to 'celebrate' the life of someone who was a hero to me, someone I respected so much and dearly wanted to meet.I mourn for those memories and my own loss. That's what I think a lot of people are doing.This is possibly the most shocking day related to wrestling I have ever been through. Someone asked me about it and I just said to them "Imagine if David Beckham was found dead tomorrow with the bodies of Victoria and Brooklyn in the house with him and the police think he murdered them" They said "shit, that couldn't happen", "Yeah so imagine how it feels when it has happened" That is the scale we are talking about here.Wrestling? I can't even think about wrestling right now, everything I loved about it has just been destroyed in a 4 hour time period. My head is messed up and twisted around.Some of the posts on here have been fucking staggering. Please think before you post and perhaps cut the speculation a little. Just a request. And don't be surprised if someone jumps down your throat for posting something inapropriate it's going to happen as emotions are high for some people.

I'm sorry but this is all a bit stupid - in the past 2 hours i have read several versions of the "truth" - one apparent source says that Benoit found out he had aids after sleeping with another male wrestler, found out, went mad and killed his family in shame. Another apparently guaranteed source says that he was just having some horseplay with his wife - put the crippler on her and accidentally killed her.Until there is a police report and a coroners inquest the only thing we know is that three people died in sad and disturbing circumstances. The rest is just speculation.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm sitting in my room enjoying this once in a lifetime event. Later on today, I'm going to buy a Wii.Life~
it makes me feel better that you're fat and ugly and i'm not, but cheers for the sentiments.
Leave that shit out will you please mate. It's nor the time or the place!

• Paid Members

Put it this way: label Benoit a murdering psychopath, and then have police reports come back saying that they found that his family were murdered by outsiders, and he, being too late to get there, killed himself from the grief, what happens then? People who did that are going to come across as being fickle and fairweather, and, hopefully, would feel bad about being in such a hurry to see someone in such a dark light.

Not going to happen though is it? I'd like that to be the case, but I agree with some of the other guys, albeit not as forcefully, the police must know something critical to release the amount of information they have.
True, but conversely, I feel there is something to be said for the fact that they've released info that they only BELIEVE this, and have not ruled conclusively for this to be the case.Don't get me wrong - I'm not blindly going to say that Benoit didn't do it, but I'm going to hold on to the last shred of hope there that he is not a murderer.

• Paid Members

I'm sorry but this is all a bit stupid - in the past 2 hours i have read several versions of the "truth" - one apparent source says that Benoit found out he had aids after sleeping with another male wrestler, found out, went mad and killed his family in shame. Another apparently guaranteed source says that he was just having some horseplay with his wife - put the crippler on her and accidentally killed her.

Where did you read it? A forum for 10 year olds?

• Paid Members

Get out and get a job.
To be fair, Rick, this is the one time you know he's not trolling. Every time he's signed up, one major motif in his posting, whatever it was, was his love for Chris Benoit.

In the past 2 hours i have read several versions of the "truth" - one apparent source says that Benoit found out he had aids after sleeping with another male wrestler, found out, went mad and killed his family in shame. Another apparently guaranteed source says that he was just having some horseplay with his wife - put the crippler on her and accidentally killed her.

Do you work in a school?

one apparent source says that Benoit found out he had aids after sleeping with another male wrestler, found out, went mad and killed his family in shame.

thats wasn't moj by any chance that came out with that

Until there is a police report and a coroners inquest the only thing we know is that three people died in sad and disturbing circumstances. The rest is just speculation.

And there was no signs of force entry to the premises which themselves were locked down and had to be forceably breached by officers, thats a pretty big indication leading towards the comments the authorities made.

• Paid Members

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

That's a key word right there. Your argument about how Police wouldn't release information unless it was fact hold no water, since they frequently do that. How often is someone's face in the paper linked with a crime only to be released without charge? In this case, nothing has been said that is libelous, the only people branding him a murderer as fact are you a J, the police aren't actually saying that if you care to actually read it.