Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Paid Members

Quick work mods, very sensible.

What happened?I'm even more stunned this morning than last night. I don't know whether to condem him or pitty him more. I really hope it's not as it seems.

Who would of thought being drafted to ECW would have resulted in this!Jokes aside.Truly truly shocked.... Im not going to say anything brandishing him a sick fuck or whatever until the truth comes out. But as a worker Chris Benoit was one of the best wrestlers that ever laced a pair of boots. I grew up watching him have amazing matches all over and was fascinated by how good he was.R.I.P Benoit..... You were without a doubt and amazing talent.

It's finally starting to sink in now, and I'll be honest I think I'm done with wrestling. It feels like someones kicked me right in the gut. Chris Benoit was my favourite wrestler (along with Eddie G and Stone Cold) and to have 2/3 die within 2 years of each other I just cannot handle. I done the whole crying thing when Eddie died and I felt like utter shit for a good 3 weeks after that and I'm not prepared to go through that again. Chris Benoit was the greatest in ring performer I have ever seen. He was a man whose dedication and work ethic speaks volumes in a typically seedy business. I had the pleasure of getting my photo taken with him before Wrestlemania XX and that moment, along with the countless other memories he's provided us with are something I treasure. RIP Chris, you were the greatest.As a side, all of you people who are "regretting" mourning his death, get a fucking grip. A bit of empathy wouldn't go a miss.

Edited by lokmad

how about the family emergency being something along the lines of Nancy calling Chris to say he needs to come home his son is very ill, whilst in reality something horrible has happened ie Nancy killed him accidentally, Chris got home she explained and it was his only way out of what must of been a nightmare to him?I know it sounds farfetched but I just cannot believe he would of done such a horrible thing to his own family

• Paid Members

How many more loved characters, let alone another surefire hall of famer (not a gimmicked WWE one..) must die due to drugs, due to the pressures of working so many dates? How many more ten bell salutes have to be heard before the arsehole promotors like the McMahons change their ways?RIP to Chris Benoit and his family. Another hero gone way before time, working and dying for a business that only cares about the $$s.

What an incredibly stupid thing to say.

i'd like to echo the many posters who have poured scorn and hate on McMahon and his ego-wanking storyline - makes the whole Katie Vick thing seem tasteful.

Not sure how this relates to Katie Vick, but I thinks its fair to say that particular story needed no help seeming distasteful.

You know, I'm sure there are more twists and turns to this story yet to come.Even if he did kill them, I'm still going to remember him with a great deal of respect, as the finest wrestler of his generation, and someone who inspired millions of fans, and thousands of wrestlers. I also think this could have a really huge impact on the WWE, if it turns out he was taking a lot of steroids even under their so-called Wellness Policy then they have something to answer for.This is undoubtedly the biggest story in wrestling, possibly ever. If the US press get a whiff of potential scandal they'll run it like the OJ Simpson murder and wrestling will get hammered once again.

IF Beniot did Murder his Family and then kill himself, then he also killed something else in the process, his legacy. Because no sick murdering coward should ever be celebrated or remembered in a positive manor.

"Very, VERY few wrestlers turn out to be murderers. Off the top of my head I can think of Snuka and Chris Adams, and that's it."Jerry Estradadude that stabbed Brody - Invaderthis merits its own thread

Oh yeah, I forgot about Invader. Who did Jerry Estrada kill? :confused:

I found out about this last night, I can't believe it, over the last year I havnt really watched wrestling, but recently have been starting to read whats happening in the wwe and elsewhere, and found out that mike awesome had died and sherri martel, whick was a shock, but is nothing compared to hearing about Chris Benoits death. He was one of my favourite wrestlers of all time, from his work in Japan, ECW, WCW and WWE, he was someone I looked up to as giving professional wrestling something to look up to, someone who showed that it could be about the athleticism, the art of pro wrestling. And the way he died too, or what information has been given so far, strange, very strange. I hope he's safe in heaven with his family, and with his best friend Eddie Guerrero, god bless themRIP Chris

Well. this is just fucking unbelievable.The only other thing i can say at this point is Benoit was a truly amazing wrestler, and he will be sorely missed. :(

Edited by Ricc1PW

We don't know the full inns and outs of what went on yet some of you guys have got benoit as some mass murdering psycho.i'll wait untill we get the full story before i pass judgment.