Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

he clearly was heavily into performance-enhancers),

you are fucking out of line are you trying to say he had a steroid problem i don't think he ever used them he was just a fitness fanatic
Come on dude...compare how he looked in the 90s to how he looked in WWE. Did you not believe Eddie had a steroid problem before he died either?**The line about curious text messages he sent to WWE friends makes you wonder what he wrote.

Guest oliverbetts

The travel schedule that WWE talent take on would only be a minor factor if at all one with which to begin; there's obviously a lot more to it than will be probably make public knowledge and to even speculate or pass serious comment on either the situation or the background from which it stemmed would be entirely unfair on both Chris and his family. What is a shame that somebody else who no doubt would have left the ring gracefully has not only been forced out of the business that he loved but has had his life tragically cut short. There are no circumstances under which to absolve the loss of life but to say that he to "took a weekend off to kill their wives and kids" is at best lamentable.R.I.P Chris Benoit

Its just sad to think that if Police are correct in their current assumptions WWE may not want anything to do with his memory. Im not condoning anything he may or may not have done, but If they are correct I dont see him ever getting into the hall of fame.

...and this is what i was scared to post as a 'possible senario' last night.Fuck.I just can't believe this.

I just found out about this. I really wish I hadn't woken up so early this morning. Apart from saying how fucking shocked, suprised and stunned I am I don'tt really know what else to say. One of my heroes since watching wrestling as a kid. Absolutly superb wrestler who's New Japan junior stuff i'll cheerish forever, let alone the rest of career, such a superb wrestler. Shocking. And the fucked up circumstances regarding his and women and his child's death is even more fucked up. I really hoped when i first saw this that it was another mental storyline, but it's not. R.I.P:(

Edited by Zack_NWAUK

Sorry if my words earlier seemed insensitive. Freaky may have just made the understatement of the year. I just find the reaction here a little bizarre. If this was an off-topic discussion about, say, Jim Davidson taking off mid-tour and going home, murdering his wife and child and then killing himself, there would be people laughing about it. If this had been Great Khali, I doubt there would have been the rush to defend him. I'm reminded of a quote someone (Lantern?) here used to have in their sig about all wrestlers being pricks, but you only get upset about the ones who are shit workers.

Stunned - totally stunned - and to think that the police are treating it as murder/suicide is horrific.i'd like to echo the many posters who have poured scorn and hate on McMahon and his ego-wanking storyline - makes the whole Katie Vick thing seem tasteful.RIP the Benoits - he was one of my idols in the ring. such a tragedy.