Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Sorry if this speculation is regarded as inappropriate, but if Chris really did kill son and wife, wouldn't he have killed himself immediately afterwards instead of waiting until Monday?I still think they've been killed over the weekend, he's went home and discovered this and decided it was all too much. I don't think Benoit has murder him, whether I personally know him or not.

That's the only 'hope' for me at the moment.People generally don't do something so out of characater and then save the guilt trip until a couple of days later. I guess waiting for the evidence is going to be torture. And I'm ashamed at myself for jumping to what I hope is the wrong conclusion.

You know what, fuck speculation on how he died. The situation is already morbid and depressing enough. I might be blasted for seeming over the top or whatever, but Benoit was an inspiration to me. His work ethic, the way he gave 110% every time he wrestled, and that's the way I like to approach life. Here's a bit of a story for you, I recently injured my quad last week and every step it hurt to walk. To help get through the pain (although one guy, Robert, carried me FU style for a bit) I had Chris Benoit theme song running through my mind as I walked a long dirt track, and it helped! RIP Benoit, wolverines do fly.. to heaven.

I am going to try and get a few hours sleep also and I hope that this double murder/suicide business is cleared up later today but I cannot help feeling that things are only going to get a hell of a lot worse as the most horrible scenario in this situation is looking more likely.Everything about this is just fucked up.

Edited by Mattyc

This is a horrible, horrible story and I dread to even think of what'll happen as the day progresses. Whatever happened in that house this'll certainly be remembered as a very dark day for wrestling.

• Moderators

Another update on Benoit murder/suicideby Dave MeltzerSources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy several days ago, then killed himself and his son, before taking his own life.Benoit was found dead in his weight room.

wwe.com confirm the fact this is been treated as murder suicide on main page, how sad this is.

Another update on Benoit murder/suicideby Dave MeltzerSources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy several days ago, then killed himself and his son, before taking his own life.Benoit was found dead in his weight room.

It doesn't scan right, but the implication is clear. How many days ago are considered 'several' is another matter. If he didn't appear at the house shows prior to Vengeance, and his last match was against Burke on Tuesday...This appears to have become the darkest day in wrestling history.

WWE.com now saying it was a double murder suicide"It has been ruled that the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel earlier today were the result of a double murder-suicide from within the home. WWE.com will have more as soon as it becomes available."Fucking hell.

It's one thing to discuss what theories the police have. It's quite another to say that it's been "ruled." There hasn't even been an autopsy completed, never mind an inquest/investigation/whatever they call it in the States.One way or another, it's a horrible situation. I wonder how Kevin Sullivan feels right now.Also, tragic as it all is, legit LOL @ BH for the Nowinski comment.

So how does a double murder / suicide fit into all the earlier reports about his wife and childcoughing up blood , they were wrong presumably . Tragic , whatevers occurred :(

That could of been a cover up by Benoit himself to get back home after killing his wife.