Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

I've just had an argument via text message with a mate of mine who seriously believes that this is all a work.Fucking people.

You should tell your mate that ABC, NBC and CBS wouldn't report 'worked deaths'.http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=3315466 http://www.nbcsports.com/sports/1686249/detail.html?dest=rss http://cbs.sportsline.com/mmaboxing/story/10236855/rss Incidentally, all three carry similar details from the Press Association. Edited by ClassicsGuy

I know it's not a hoax but I guess it's not surprising that the uninformed masses may be skeptical so soon after the "Vince McMahon is dead, really" angle.

Absolutely correct. This is the whole point that many people have been trying to make for the past two weeks, since all that ludicrous, intelligence-insulting, demeaning garbage started. So sad it took an awful tragedy for them to see the error of their ways.

I know it's not a hoax but I guess it's not surprising that the uninformed masses may be skeptical so soon after the "Vince McMahon is dead, really" angle.

Absolutely correct. This is the whole point that many people have been trying to make for the past two weeks, since all that ludicrous, intelligence-insulting, demeaning garbage started. So sad it took an awful tragedy for them to see the error of their ways.
Of course, although the real tragedy will start when the inevitable cash-in angles begin. After the horrific exploitation of Guerrero's death I shudder to think of what they might do this time around.

From Wrestlezone.com

The following is from ABCNews.com:Wrestling star Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son Daniel were found dead in their suburban Atlanta home Monday. The deaths are being investigated as a possible suicide and double homicide, authorities told ABC News.Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check." When sheriffs arrived at the Benoits' home, they found the wrestler, his wife, and their son dead.There were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation. Pope told ABC News that his department is looking at this situation as a "possible double murder, suicide."Pope said "the instruments of death were located on scene," but would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."

This is just insane. I have only just got home from work and thought that I'd catch the last bit of Raw and when I turned it on I saw HHH in tears talking about someone. I instantly thought that it was related to the McMahon storyline and I got the feeling that it was a little too far having someone in such a state over a fake death and then HHH said 'Chris' and it all sort of fitted together and it was made worse when JR and the King came on and begun talking about Benoit. I may be blind in my faith but I really can't see the WWE exploiting this death, maybe it's blind hope but I really do hope/wish/pray that they don't.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being investigated as a murder-suicide, but said that could not be confirmed until the evidence was examined by a crime lab.WAGA reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend, and then himself sometime Monday.A concerned neighbor called police. The bodies were found in three different rooms.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html :(:(