Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Guest thedarkangel15

Wow I am truely shocked, similar to when Eddie died but this is a little diffrent due to more than 1 death here. Was looking forward to the Benoit Vs Punk match and was assming at Summerslam it was gonna be an awesome four way with Benoit, Punk, Burke and Cor Von.

Yeah just been to the fox news site. Heres the link for anyone not seen it yet:

Fox News Coverage

Homicide? this is getting stranger. We prob wont know the truth for a few months as its a police investigation now. Much like when Miss Elizebeth died and it took a while for the toxology report to be released to the public.

Like virtually everyone who's posted so far, I'm stunned, shocked, upset...you name it. Just let me say, I'm not going to speculate as to the cause or nature of his death. That to me is inappropriate, and much as we are all probably fascinated as to the reasons why, that will come out in time. For now I think it better to pay tribute to the man and wait for whatever information comes.There have been a number of deaths in recent years, and the toll keeps rising. Unfortunately, most of those deaths have been a side effect of the business. More unfortunately, because of this, most of those deaths have had little or no impact on me personally, other than the 'curiosity value'... Oh, Curt Hennig's dead, Ray Traylor's dead. It just becomes numbers and often not in the least bit unexpected. I remember reading about the death of Brian Pillman in Power Slam and being choked, as at the time the circumstances seemed so tragic and out of the blue. Now, they've become so frequent that even the death of Eddie Guerrero didn't have the same emotional effect on me that it might have.This one's different though. Firstly, Chris Benoit was one of my all time, absolute favourites, bar none. He, along with Kurt Angle, was one of those wrestlers I could watch any time, against any opponent, and know that I could expect a good match. He may have lacked the personality or mic skills of a Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin or Ric Flair, but he made everything matter. He 'kept it real'. That I can no longer see him in action in the future is a real blow. Secondly, his death (at least from what we can gather so far) is not due to industry fallout mentioned earlier so, much like Owen Hart (whose death was probably the only other one to upset and have a lasting effect on me), I think the tragedy seems more unexpected and numbing.Add into all of that that his wife and son were also lost to the world and it becomes even more shocking. I really can't express my feelings strongly enough right now.I never met Chris Benoit in person (although I was fortunate enough to meet Eddie G), as I'm sure was the same for the majority of forumites on here. By rights, it's probable that no-one can imagine or feel what his and Nancy's remaining family must be going through. That so many have posted or paid tribute to the man is testament to his legacy and the lasting impression he has made on so many people's lives.RIP Chris Benoit- 1967-2007. Gone, but not forgotten.

From fox atlanta.

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- Authorities said professional wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and child were found slain Monday at their Fayette County home.Lieutenant Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he would release no other details.Pope said the deaths are being investigated as homicide, but the cause of death awaits autopsy results tomorrow.He would not say how the bodies were discovered, or who found them.The World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Website that the 40-year-old Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son Daniel were found dead but also had no other details.The WWE said that instead of its programming Monday night on USA Network, it would air a three-hour tribute to Benoit.

"Slain":(

I cannot believe this and feel totally sick.I've been playing on Smackdown Vs Raw tonight. One of the matches I played was Chris Benoit Vs Rey Mysterio. Any way at about 12.50 I came down the stairs to set the DVD to record Raw. ECW was on and CM Punk won his match. Benoit came down and it reminded me of his match that didnt take place last nite. I was thinking that he'll probably win the title off Nitro soon. Then Raw came on and I pressed record. I moved towards the telly to turn it off and suddenly it flashed up Benoit 1967 - 2007. I was gobsmacked. Then to see the empty arena and Vince I was sick to the stomach and just stood there gobsmacked. I just can't believe. It sent a chill down me when Vince said his family were dead aswell.JR as just said he's got other kids aswell think he named three, think david and megan were two of them. Its so hard to watch the commentators out their aswell.It may sound bad but I hope this is because of Carbon Monoxide or something as opposed to a murder, sucide or shooting. Think this is the most shocking death in wrestling for me. R.I.P Benoit and Family

i don't know if this was posted earlier in the thread but this is the actual FOXNews report:

Professional wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their 7-year-old son Daniel were found dead in the family's Georgia home Monday, the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said.Lt. Tommy Pope said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., and the deparment was investigating the deaths as a homicide. Pope said results of autopsies were expected Tuesday.Officials were not commenting to the press on the case otherwise, but the Atlanta-Journal Constitution reported cops saying the deaths were not gun-related.Benoit, 40, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.World Wrestling Entertainment released a statement breaking the news earlier. It canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html^ so you can look for yourselves. it's good, at least, to know that the deaths weren't gun related. I really didn't want it to be murder or a violent death but it's not really looking good. However deaths being investigated as homicide i'm pretty sure is standard procedure until the cause of death is determined, so i guess we'll know more on Tuesday. Edited by anahata

However deaths being investigated as homicide i'm pretty sure is standard procedure until the cause of death is determined, so i guess we'll know more on Tuesday.

Actually I don't think that Police would issue a statement mentioning a homicide investigation unless there was obvious signs of foul play at the scene.

Just checked and MSNBC, ABC & CNN are all moving very fast with this.I've took this from ABCnews.com.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check." When sheriffs arrived at the Benoit home, they found the wrestler, his wife, and his son dead. There was no sign of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. But they are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation. Although Pope noted he was not "confirming" any of these causes, just not ruling them out at this time. An autopsy has been scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. However, it could be as long as weeks before there is a result. In a sport known for bravado and bullying, Benoit was very much beloved and respected by his peers. He was passionate about his profession and served as a mentor to many younger, up-and-coming performers. As an indication of how much the fans enjoyed him, when the crowd in Houston's Toyota Center learned Sunday night that he wouldn't be there, they chanted, "We want Benoit!"

Edited by The Four Horsemen

Never ever has a wrestler,before or since,forced me to suspend my belief,the way Chris Benoit did at Wrestlemania 20.I cheered for him in that match as i would have cheered a legitimate sporting contest! very few have that gift.Sad lossR.I.P Chris Benoit and family.THE GREATEST.