Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

I hope to god that's bullshit and its just fuckers jumping to conclusions.Edit: Good god.

To be honest, there's not many things it could be.Three people dying from natural causes simultaneously is not likely.An accident through gas or some sort of poisoning is a possiblity.If it's not an accident, then it's murder/suicide of some type. It's extremely unlikely a 7 year old would willingly kill himself. This is such a horrible, horrible situation.

• Paid Members

Unfortunately with the new news of a double murder-suicide, im sure many people will agree here, that if we all really thought about this, it makes more sense than the previously reported Gas leak.

There you go jumping to conclusions. Even if it is a double muder-suicicde, who's to say it wasn't Nancy. The best thing people can do is wait and not speculate!

What would drive someone like Chris to rush home to kill his wife and child?fucking hell my head is spinning. Awful, I want to pay respects to the man but if this is true....

I would imagine that Chris would have found then dead before killing himself. As opposed to himself being the killer.Thats certainly not a sentence I ever thought I would find myself writing, this is surreal.

There you go jumping to conclusions. Even if it is a double muder-suicicde, who's to say it wasn't Nancy. The best thing people can do is wait and not speculate!

Because Associated press is saying that is what the Police think at the moment maybe?The ReportNote: I very much doubt a detective would 'speculate' over the circumstances unless he was very sure that was what happened. It just needs confirmation at this point. Of course it could all just be made up but it's looking doubtful. Edited by DJ Stevie C

If this latest turn of events ends up being accurate would the WWE recieve negative publicity for dedicating a three hour program to a murderer?

Some people will always find something negative to say about the WWE...And lets not forget that the news was only released after the show had started... Not like they could just stop and say... Well we wont continue cause he might have murdered his family...Besides... For all we know... If its actually true... Nancy could also have done it...But I dont think we are the ones to speculate about it... Thats up to the cops...

• Paid Members

If this latest turn of events ends up being accurate would the WWE recieve negative publicity for dedicating a three hour program to a murderer?

My (unfortuante) thoughts exactly. I really dont feel..and im being honest here...that everyone would have been paying these tributes saying for instance he was a great father, if they knew Benoit possibly murdered his own child. This is just going to get worse i feel over the next few days.

I would imagine so in some quarters. However, it was only while the show was actually on air that news regarding the double murder/suicide being a possible cause of death emerged. In my case, iI heard it on FOX News at around 4am, during the WMXX three-way.

• Moderators

This is just an absolute crazy situation. Not only the news that Benoit's dead, but that he could be a murderer. Its just an insane time.I hope that this murder-suicide stuff turns out to be wrong, because if this ends up pointing to Benoit I think a lot of people are simply going to give up on wrestling. This could shake a lot of peoples foundations to collapse.

Sorry if this speculation is regarded as inappropriate, but if Chris really did kill son and wife, wouldn't he have killed himself immediately afterwards instead of waiting until Monday?I still think they've been killed over the weekend, he's went home and discovered this and decided it was all too much. I don't think Benoit has murder him, whether I personally know him or not.

Authorities believe wrestler Benoit killed wife, son then himselfAuthorities believe a professional wrestler, his wife and son ‑ found dead in their central Fayette County home Monday afternoon ‑ died in a murder-suicide.District Attorney Scott Ballard said Monday night that he felt confident that Chris Benoit killed his wife Nancy, their 7-year-old son and then himself.Ballard declined to release the cause of death, but said that earlier news reports that the Benoits died of gunshots were false. The crime lab is in the process of confirming the cause of death, but Ballard said there was enough evidence on scene to make him confident that the Benoits were not killed by another person.

http://www.thecitizen.com/node/18058This is being reported on a Canadian local news page. :(