Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

From what I've read on Meltzers web site this is some serious shit that's going down. I don't want to speculate about anything though until all the facts have been published. All I'll say is that I will miss Chris Benoit the worker and hope that his memory of what he did in the ring will not be tainted by what may or may not have happened over the weekend.R.I.P Mr Benoit, we will never forget what you gave to us.

Edited by Mr Tibbs

Maybe, just maybe Vince will ease up the WWE schedule.He's lost 2 Main eventers in 2 years due to what looks like the time spent on the road killing people both mentally and physically.RIP Chris, i will hope you'll be having your ONS rematch shortly.

Oh my fucking god!!! I remember, about 8 years ago me and some of my non wrestling friends were talking about wrestling and they were saying how I was too small (size-wise, not age) to be taken seriously. Just then Benoit and Bret Hart came out and had a blinding match in the same arena where Owen had died. After that they all took me seriously when I talked about trying to break in. Benoit was one of the guys who made smaller wrestlers believable.RIP Chris, another great taken way too early.

Edited by thejeffjarrettone

Whatever the reasons for this latest tragedy, yet another amazing talent has been taken away. No mudslinging or accusations can change the fact so I don't truly see the point. Let's mourn the man and his family with dignity and not use this as an opportunity to cast aspertions at WWE.RIP Chris Benoit. You were an inspiration to so many of us. You will be sorely missed.

250px-Benoit_and_Guerrero_celebrate_at_WrestleMania_XX.jpg

That photo was one of my last great pro wrestling memories. I lost a lot of love for the sport when Eddie died.And now I hear of the terrible, gut wrenching news that Chris and his family are dead. I feel physically sick, like a meathook has ripped my guts out.How many more loved characters, let alone another surefire hall of famer (not a gimmicked WWE one..) must die due to drugs, due to the pressures of working so many dates? How many more ten bell salutes have to be heard before the arsehole promotors like the McMahons change their ways?RIP to Chris Benoit and his family. Another hero gone way before time, working and dying for a business that only cares about the $$s.I started loving wrestling since I got Sky and saw Flair become WWF champion. My remaining love for this business has died today.

Hold the phone. If Benoit killed his wife and child, then blaming the pressures of the road is a bit much. He wasn't known as a heavy drug user (well, not recreationally - he clearly was heavily into performance-enhancers), and everyone has a family at home. Very, VERY few wrestlers turn out to be murderers. Off the top of my head I can think of Snuka and Chris Adams, and that's it.Blame WWE for Guerrero if you want. It wasn't ALL their fault, but they played a part for sure. But until we hear a LOT more about this, we can only be angry at either bad journalists and bad cops or at Benoit himself for reacting to something bad in the worst possible way.He was an awesome wrestler, I know. But let's not eulogise him as a great man when it looks like he may actually be a double-murderer. I mean hell, Ian Huntley may have been a hell of a janitor, but it would be pretty warped to be praising him for it now, wouldn't it? And let's not blame anyone else just yet either. Lots of people live the WWE life. Lots of them have their lives shortened due to injuries, accidents and the pressures to use dangerous drugs. Very few of them take a weekend off to kill their wives and kids.

I was awoken by my g/f telling me this happened this morning. It still has not sunk in. He was one of the best wrestlers I have ever seen and nothing I can say will put across how appreciative I am for everything he did in Japan, Mexico, the U.S. and everywhere he performed.I hope when the smoke clears and the dust is settled he will be remembered for the great wrestling talent he was and not for his demise...

I dont think anyone should be blamed for anything until we have some facts to go on.I am utterly shocked at all of this. Its always sad when a face you used to watch as a kid will never be seen again, but when its a face you've seen week in, week out for the last god knows how many years its almost like losing a friend. I never knew Benoit, but his matches alway entertained me, and for that Im eternally grateful. RIP Benoit.

That photo was one of my last great pro wrestling memories. I lost a lot of love for the sport when Eddie died.And now I hear of the terrible, gut wrenching news that Chris and his family are dead. I feel physically sick, like a meathook has ripped my guts out.How many more loved characters, let alone another surefire hall of famer (not a gimmicked WWE one..) must die due to drugs, due to the pressures of working so many dates? How many more ten bell salutes have to be heard before the arsehole promotors like the McMahons change their ways?RIP to Chris Benoit and his family. Another hero gone way before time, working and dying for a business that only cares about the $$s.I started loving wrestling since I got Sky and saw Flair become WWF champion. My remaining love for this business has died today.

The thing is Benoit didn't die of drugs or the on-the road pressures, if you watched his WWE Bio DVD, it comes across pretty clearly that he loved the travel and schedule. He lived for the wrestling business. The WWE also gave him time of last year to rest and recuperate. The reasons behind this death seem a bit different.Wrestling has always been hectic; the road schedule is brutal, but not as brutal as it was during mid-eighties. Look at Ric Flairs schedule as NWA Champion, or what Bill whets expected in Mid-South.Benoit was in the top five wrestlers of the last 20 years. We will never see another like him for along time.

(reply to Mr Tibbs)Its not just the wrestlers themselves who suffer due to their travel schedules.. their families do too.I know its not a great time to speculate, but could something horrible happened between Nancy and Chris' son that made him fly back in such short notice?

Edited by dannyboy

• Paid Members

Just logged in to see if there was any updates on cause of death, and the first thing I see is wwe.com reporting it as double murder-suicide. My first thoughts were similar to the early theory that benoit had found Nancy and Daniel dead, and then killed himself, but then to read that he thought to have killed them is shocking beyond belief.

• Awards Moderator

There aren't many things in memory which make me feel phsyically sick and numb at the same time. Chris Benoit was my hero and one of the main reasons I've watched wrestling as long as I have. I found out about this as I pulled up to work and am now sat at my desk, with a massive lump in my throat, shaking and completely speechless. Whatever has happened, Chris Benoit - RIP and thank you for the years of memories.