Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Guest TheOneAndOnly

There are no words of course. I'm off work this week so as a treat I stayed up to watch the live raw. Some treat I nearly died myself when the first thing I saw was an empty arena with Vince telling us Chris had died. (Vince did the right thing admiting his death was a work.) I really don't understand how Chris and his wife and son are dead. How could all three die? Poison? Murder what? Anyway I can't say anything else, I have nothing I can say.

As this is a 40 page thread, I think you can be forgiven.Initially rumours were floating around as to the nature of the death. Many, including myself, suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning based on a alledge report that Chris Benoit went home to a family emergency which had his family throwing up blood.However official reports are now coming out that Chris Benoit is SUSPECTED (though unfortunately likely) of killing his wife Nancy Benoit on Saturday, his son on Sunday and then killed himself (possibly by hanging) on Monday.Full report is expected later today.
There is no way I could read 40 pages, I could barely accept he and his family is dead. I knew nothing other than what I heard on Raw. The thought of a murder and or suicide pact had crossed my mind but only very breifly. So now that may be true?

I'll try one more time....The simple fact WWE.com have linked Benoit (spelt it correctly for you) with murdering his family means that the investigators have enough evidence to suggest Chris did his family in. WWE.com could still profit from selling merchandise and the like, Chris has legions of fans, do you honestly think WWE.com would run a story like this without having enough proof? Not to mention the distress of his 2 daughters, of other wrestlers by branding him a murderer if it is infact proved that he did not do this.I'm sure alot of you are finding this hard to come to terms with, it's a shock, granted....but i'm afraid you can't hold onto this legacy of Chris Benoit, he killed his family and that's that.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff

Only just got home to put on RAW that I taped last night. Well the shock when I put it on is one thing, but to then come online and find all this over stuff about a potential murder / suicide. Man I really don't know what to think. God love his family and how they are going to deal with this.

• Paid Members

To all the people that are blatently denying the truth that Benoit killed his family and then himself, what will you say when all this is confirmed sometime today?

Ally, I know you take joy in being "Mr. Gruff No-Nonsense Everyman", but seriously, no-one here's denying it. What they (which includes me) are saying is that it's not the "truth" that you make it out to be, at least not yet. It's all very well claiming that Benoit killed his family, and in all probability, you are right, but the fact remains that the police know better than you or Robert Ryall, and they still have NOT conclusively announced that that is definitely, 100&, cast-iron, set-in-stone, beyond-all-reasonable-doubt, what happened. So until then, I'll thank you gentlemen to stop telling people what they should and shouldn't believe. If it turns out conclusively that Benoit did it, you'll hear no word from me on the subject, and I'll resume my non-posting.

I'll try one more time....The simple fact WWE.com have linked Benoit (spelt it correctly for you) with murdering his family means that the investigators have enough evidence to suggest Chris did his family in. WWE.com could still profit from selling merchandise and the like, Chris has legions of fans, do you honestly think WWE.com would run a story like this without having enough proof? Not to mention the distress of his 2 daughters, of other wrestlers by branding him a murderer if it is infact proved that he did not do this.I'm sure alot of you are finding this hard to come to terms with, it's a shock, granted....but i'm afraid you can't hold onto this legacy of Chris Benoit, he killed his family and that's that.

Please read my above point to Ally. And keep in mind that WWE are NOT the police; they know more than we do, but they won't know everything. For all we know, they could be covering their backs.

I would assume WWE will try never to mention the murderer again. Hopefully a brief tribute for the two innocents.Benoit was obviously a sick man and should have done everyone a favour and killed himself only. To murder your wife and child is unforgivable under any circumstances. Get over it kids. Wrestler's die all the time. This one deserves to burn in hell.

• Paid Members

Yes the logic is there, but the bone of contention is the way he is throwing facts around, that really are not facts at this point. His attitude while doing this makes him look very silly.

Personally, I don't think he's the one who looks silly. I think his logic is far greater than the opposing argument, which really appears to be "... but he's Chris Benoit" and clinging on to some tiny hope that he didn't do it.
Come off it Rick, it's not about him being Chris Benoit, it's quite clear cut. It is not yet a fact that he killed his family. As likely as it maybe, it is not a fact and hasn't been claimed to be by the police. This guy keeps claiming it has. Sure it may well be likely that in the next weeks or so it will be announced that Chris Benoit did this, fact, but it hasn't yet. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd say I hold about as much hope as you do over this (not a lot) but I take exception to being insulted over what is not yet confirmed.

wwe should NOT sell any Benoit memorial merchandise as he is supposed to be a murderer. My opinion-I respect the Wrestler CHris Benoit, but if he killed his family, i do not respect the person anylonger!

I understand how you feel, so I am not disagreeing with you, but:Considering this tragedy has had survivors (i.e. Benoit's children), do you not think that the money from such merchandice (e.g. memorial shirts) could be used to support them?

Guest TheOneAndOnly

For all we know Benoits wife could have killed Benoit, herself and the son. I'm not suggesting this is true either but if it was a murder suicide that doesn't mean Benoit did it. In other words dn't jump to conclusions until you have facts, I am not saying Benoit didn't do it but nobody knows yet.

Edited by TheOneAndOnly

The fact that three people are dead, two adults and a 7 year old child, and the police are not actively looking for anyone else to help them with their enquiries limits the situation to suicide, murder or accidental death.Given that:

Lt. Tommy Pope told the Associated Press that it was being investigated as a homicide pending results of a preliminary autopsy report that will come out tomorrow. No gunshot or stab wounds were found, but they couldn't rule out poisoning, suffocation or strangulation. Pope said he was not confirming any of these potential causes, just not ruling them out.

and

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house.

it appears to rule out accidental death. So that leaves murder or suicide. A suicide pact is possible, but I can't for the life of me see a 7 year old willingly kill himself. Even if you have an open mind, the details so far are rather compelling. Edited by ClassicsGuy

wwe should NOT sell any Benoit memorial merchandise as he is supposed to be a murderer. My opinion-I respect the Wrestler CHris Benoit, but if he killed his family, i do not respect the person anylonger!

I understand how you feel, so I am not disagreeing with you, but:Considering this tragedy has had survivors (i.e. Benoit's children), do you not think that the money from such merchandice (e.g. memorial shirts) could be used to support them?
I see your point, but WWE should not mention Benoit again and honour him with merchandise. Even the publicity that WWE sells shirts for so who commited such a crime would be destructing WWEs reputation!Furthermore, the children would enherit the money of Benoit and his family, would not be less money, in my eyes!

From the Observer site just posted now:

"Tuesday morning Chris Benoit updateBy Alex MarvezEmail: alex@wrestlingobserver.comFor the next few hours, I will be offering updates and links to stories on the late Chris Benoit. Dave Meltzer is scheduled to appear on Good Morning America this morning to discuss this horrible situation. Hopefully, ABC will correctly say Benoit